How Did You Find DV?

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

Just curious to know how we all got here... especially the newer members. Don't be scared to post, y'all!

I guess I should start off.

I started DV near the end of 2003. Originally we were on another board (a free one hosted by ProBoards which was shit but it got the job done at the time), then Clownstyle rescued us and let us move here. :)

THE ORIGINAL DV BOARD Which, believe it or not, I still maintain. I am still moving all the posts back into the FREESTYLE section after Sigma blew it up!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i remembered it from stanton days...unfortunately i lost the link and the stanton board closed...cue the next 4mnths or so looking for everyone else..i think i found the old site through google which led me here

Guest Deeswift

Cool. Keep the answers coming, this is good stuff to hear. DV barely gets any promotion but it's fast becoming big, so props to you all for getting here, however you did it.

i was on the stanton boards and I remembered gabe from stanton also. I went on vacation to italy over the summer and 'pop' the stanton boards are gone when i come back... so I found asis. I ran into gabe again and I pm'd him and he told me everyone from stanton is here

i used to post more on asis... but i've migrated for... obvious reasons

seriously though - DV feels like a comunity not an everlasting ego battle... I'd honestly feel comfortable meeting in real life with almost anyone from here - I'm not sure I could say the same for asis.

Guest Deeswift

Good post, xander. It's good to know that people feel comfortable being here, and the fact that it has a community vibe like you mentioned. This is exactly what was / is needed, and why we run DV in the first place. Because scratch boards are usually full of bickering morons trying to prove something and get one up on each other, which sucks.

Stanton Closed and quit posting all togther. Then I got and email from Sigma...About DV. I posted a bit and got sick of it cause it just wasnt stanton :(( :(( :((

....Then :d Sigma :8 Emailed me again. If i can remember right his email was like "Get your bitch ass on the board motherfucker!" But maybe it was in all caps. I came back to talk shit to Sigma of course and...

Guest Deeswift
i came here from the old son of snig board, that had just a digital vertigo section. then came dv1, and, in a relatively short period of dv2 is here and bigger than ever. dope.

I don't think I remember you being on the old SOS board, Grae. Just seem to remember you from DV1 onwards. 'kin 'ell though, I forgot that DV was just a forum section on SOS originally. It was barely ever visited. I felt like such a loner geek boy but i knew it was the right thing to do at the same time! I don't think the other SOS mods were into it much anywayz...

Remember though, DV1 was set up at the same time as SOS, and before the section at SOS was called Digital Vertigo. I used DV1 as a test board for SOS at the time, with the possible intention of opening it up full time later.

I was wandering around the internet one day looking for information on turntablism for a report I had to do :s . I found this site Tha Wax Anorax and started to look through all the sites because I was bored :z . I clicked onthis site and it said that I needed to register to look at the other forums :$ . I joined and found everyone here to be quite unique and fun ;) . So eventually I kept coming back and now I have friends here :d . Peace :p .

Edited by babymunkey

I don't think I remember you being on the old SOS board, Grae. Just seem to remember you from DV1 onwards. 'kin 'ell though, I forgot that DV was just a forum section on SOS originally. It was barely ever visited. I felt like such a loner geek boy but i knew it was the right thing to do at the same time! I don't think the other SOS mods were into it much anywayz...

i still have the link in my favourites on my pc at work.

me and sigma posted up a file between us (my cuts were so lame) and timestretch ripped it apart. saying how "wack" it was.

i said he was the simon cowell of scratching. then his av became simon cowell and his name became TIMECOWELL lolol funny stuff.

i think the digital vertigo section was the audio section. i only remember the board as being an "SOS" board. didnt we have some sort of row with the hosts and have to shut it?

fun? what am i funny? what.. do i make you laugh? am i a clown now?!?

please tell me, WTF IS SO FUNNY!?!?!

whats that about?

watch goodfellas...

I own goodfellas dickhead. Whats the funnyness your refering too?

then his av became simon cowell and his name became TIMECOWELL lolol funny stuff.

Haha i remember that, then i changed it to 'TimingCowell'

Guest Deeswift

i still have the link in my favourites on my pc at work.

me and sigma posted up a file between us (my cuts were so lame) and timestretch ripped it apart. saying how "wack" it was.

i said he was the simon cowell of scratching. then his av became simon cowell and his name became TIMECOWELL lolol funny stuff.

i think the digital vertigo section was the audio section. i only remember the board as being an "SOS" board. didnt we have some sort of row with the hosts and have to shut it?

Ah shit, Grae that's weird because I remember calling Timestretch the Simon Coewll of scratch on the Snatchcon board, long time before SOS was open. Oddness.

Digital Vertigo was a section made specifically for technology and gaming when it was on the original SOS board. The audio section was called Art Of Noise, as it is here. I remember retitling all the sections and giving them descriptions on SOS 1, that's why I brought them with me when I left. First of all, SOS 1 was called UK Skratch Board, then Lee suggested Son Of Snig as a joke. I posted in the mod section and said it was actually a good enough name to use. There was a lot of arguing about the name not being almost "officially authorized", but we went ahead and used it anyway. Lee more or less left the graphics and everything up to me, which is why I took the graphics with me too. As we'd left on bad terms anyway, and I put a fair amount of effort into trying to make such nasty forum software look acceptable, I figured why the hell should they benefit from it?

I'm getting into the politics and bullshit side of running a forum here, so anyway... yeah, the Digital Vertigo section was for tech and video game stuff. Oh I remember it well. I spent about 3 or 4 days on one thread, a 4 page thread on Sega cheats and emulation, complete with almost every Megadrive game cheat. I think it got 6 views.