How Did You Find DV?

Guest Deeswift

of course, art of noise

*sigh* good times on that old board. lots of heated arguements. at that time asis was popular and going off on multi page rants.

the reason i called ts simon cowell, was the way he broke down the whole track we posted, destroying it second by second. i'd not been on forums much and i had never heard of timestretch. and also i was watching POP IDOL at the time (my gf loves that stuff)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that so many of you are from Stanton's board, I used to float around there for a while, but really grew to dislike it. Moved to Xfaders, which was dope, but eventually fizzled.

Found out about DV from a discussion between Dee and Giz on SKratchworx.

Good forum tho'. Keep up the good work fellas.

of course, art of noise

*sigh* good times on that old board. lots of heated arguements. at that time asis was popular and going off on multi page rants.

the reason i called ts simon cowell, was the way he broke down the whole track we posted, destroying it second by second. i'd not been on forums much and i had never heard of timestretch. and also i was watching POP IDOL at the time (my gf loves that stuff)

I just called him SIMON COWELL OVER AT d'S!

Guest Deeswift
It's funny that so many of you are from Stanton's board, I used to float around there for a while, but really grew to dislike it. Moved to Xfaders, which was dope, but eventually fizzled.

Found out about DV from a discussion between Dee and Giz on SKratchworx.

Good forum tho'. Keep up the good work fellas.

Thanks dude, we will do. I wonder what DV will be like in 10 or 20 years...

started on DMC (ha!) then set up turntablistnetwork.com (should have never shut that) used to go on snatchcon abit, got banned from alienz (is that still going?) i think it was KD that told me about DV1 been here ever since :)

"Time Cowell". LOL. He had that avatar with a set of eyes looking through some holes cut into a pair of trousers. I fucking pissed myself when I saw that. It's remember when I changed AuthenticMan's av to one of Dale Winton saying "Oooh!" and he PMed me saying he thought he'd been hacked or something. I wonder what happened to him? The last I read, he'd sold his decks and bought 8 keyboards. Crazy fucker.

ex stanton user here as well, although i joined it not long after the plug was pulled so its likely ive posted and DV2 a lot more than i did with that.

Guest Deeswift
"Time Cowell". LOL. He had that avatar with a set of eyes looking through some holes cut into a pair of trousers. I fucking pissed myself when I saw that. It's remember when I changed AuthenticMan's av to one of Dale Winton saying "Oooh!" and he PMed me saying he thought he'd been hacked or something. I wonder what happened to him? The last I read, he'd sold his decks and bought 8 keyboards. Crazy fucker.

You mean this pic?

And yo, Authentic is here occasionally.

http://ratsnestdjbd.proboards23.com/

WARNING: That is one strange board!

I think I PM'd him over there just a few weeks ago and asked where he's at these days.

Edit: I just went over there. He hasn't posted anything, so I guess he doesn't care for DJing any more. I said I'd help him out to make that board look a bit better and my name's still on the moderators list under each forum. Haha. Mixo's a mod there too. Maybe he'll know where he is.

remember when I changed AuthenticMan's av to one of Dale Winton saying "Oooh!" and he PMed me saying he thought he'd been hacked or something.

i am bereft of ribs now

that was funny

the rastnest :((

remember when I changed AuthenticMan's av to one of Dale Winton saying "Oooh!" and he PMed me saying he thought he'd been hacked or something.

i am bereft of ribs now

that was funny

the rastnest :((

Some funny shit.. I just read one of his posts over there...

CD DJ or MP3 DJ's in general just can't scratch. It is impossible, if they think they can scratch then they are just posers. My opinion on those DJ's is that I think they are totaly over rated. Like say they are mixing at a club with their lap top, for all we know they could be checking thier email while they are making $300 for the night. What a rip, and if they did scratch, it is a already processed computer noise that won't make any sense to the song what so ever. I think there is no such thing as turntableism on Computer. I can spend hours at home on my lap top making a mix CD or a line of Mix MP3's and let it play the next gig I get, and get $300 for the night. Anybody can do it. That is where the true art of DJ'ing comes in, with the vinyle, and the use of vinyle

Ive got a cdx... Does that mean i cant skratch? LETS BATTLE FOO!

those waxanorax have a lot to answer for!!!!

how did i get here?

hiphopmusic.co.uk scratching forum was probably the first place i went, then skratchcon, then sos, then spent a bit of time without internet at work or home, came on occasionally, and couldn't bastard find anywhere to go! pestered baron, made it to dv1 but found it a bit quiet, and a lot of heads i knew from before weren't there and i wasn;t sure why. then got back online 12 months ago with a bang having to defend my pissed abuse to nicks.. then settled at snoopy for a bit.. then here.. still bob around getting into pointless arguments elsewhere..

sigmas world famous sig on asis... i went on the stanton forums too for a couple of weeks but then it shut down.. i remember posting my first ever file on there, full to the brim with transforms, thinking i was all that.. lol