Is the Tascam xs-8 a HAK 320 clone?

There's one on ebay with an innofader and SL1 for $250... thinking about it... not that I really NEED another mixer but seems like a pretty decent deal. Also wish I hadn't sold my SL1 so it would be nice to have as a backup. What do you think?

Me and a buddy bought an XS-8 each in the big $100 sale around 2003/2004. It's not a clone, Everything inside is marked "Ecler".

Ecler had discontinued the 320 and Tascam just made them continue making it for them, together with the HAK310 (XS-4).

Ā 

The only difference AFAIK is two foot pedal inputs and a new chassis.

Ā 

Anyway, rock solid mixer, and we've never had any issues. I had a Vestax PMC-07 Pro when I bought mine, sold it within a couple of weeks and never regretted it. The XS-8 was just so much better in every aspect.

Ā 

It should be noted that one of us have used them all that much the last 6-7 years or so, due to kids, work, etc, but they still work perfectly fine.

Edited by virak
  • Like 1

I ended up biting. For $230 I got the mixer with innofader pro 2, dicers, serato box, and some control vinyl. Seems like a decent lot for the price.

• Like 3

Ā 

That's my tutorial. I'm flattered (chuffed?) that it is still relevant.

Ā 

If you can get an XS-8 under $100 and drop in at least one Innofader, it will decimate all. I still cut on this 10 years later. Full EQ cuts is awesome. SSL is just the icing on the cake.

Ā 

I worked with Elliot from Innovate to get the final product made. It's a 10 inch hidden gem if you get it working brother!

• Like 2

My only question now is if I keep the Ecler Nuo 2.0 I bought recently or sell it like I told my wife I would :|

Ā 

Don't sell it dude. There will be no other analog mixers made like it ever again, especially that size. If you can find an eternal fader - that thing will shit on every other mixer out there.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:00 AM, djdiggla said:

There's one on ebay with an innofader and SL1 for $250... thinking about it... not that I really NEED another mixer but seems like a pretty decent deal. Also wish I hadn't sold my SL1 so it would be nice to have as a backup. What do you think?

I sold that same combination in 2019 for about that price and with those specs. I'm trying to find another xs 8 ore an ecler 320. You wouldnt have purchased that mixer, or knew someone that did or has one for sale? If so please email me at quarterpoundmusic@gmail.comĀ  thank you.

• Like 1