Clash Of The Titans - UK Qualifier!

Guest Symatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

urgh! stanstead is a fuckin asshole of an airport because it's 5 hours from everywhere! but yeah it's the only place that regularly flies to stockholm right?

well if it makes you feel better, i can reveal now that Motek will be on stripper duties so you're in for a real treat :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Paul won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i was all in my head "oh jeez though, Paul's got enough shit to do already let alone practice for a major scratch battle" lolz hooray though!

Ed stole the show though with the return of the legendary masked turntable terrorist The Klaxon who made it through to the final leaving nought but carnage in his wake!

The final went down and i was nothing but pleased because one of my fav chums would defo get through to the final for sure!

Great day all round

The End

Guest Symatic

Nice one everyone who made that what it was, wicked night, dope to see everyone and massive respect to all the performers and battlers! Mega props to dubba, the UK Titan!

• Like 1

Gutted to have missed this.I was due to come down to Bristol on Thursday afternoon but my Dad was taken into the hospital on Wednesday morning.He's getting out today thank goodness but the last few days have been really hectic.

I was really looking forward to coming by with Alecs and getting to meet up with everyone too,which is a bummer.

Yeah, sorry to hear that and not meet you Dan.

Otherwise, Jesus titty fucking Christ that was a great day! Largest of props to Si for so holding it all together and thanks everyone who came down.

The showcases were outstanding - every one a headliner on any other night and there was loads of them all night. The battle was immense... too many stories throughout to mention here, for both reasons of time and legality... but the right man won in the end with a murderous final round and the whole thing was as entertaining as hell to watch.

• Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Argh, that's rubs Dan, but i'm glad he's out today, i hope he's all good, super shame you couldn't make it as i'd have loved to meet you properly.

Cheers for being a boss organiser n host Sy, it was super cool to see everyone and get my paws on the chops record (which is great), what a cool day!

Personal highlights: I was temporarily blinded by Paul's missus, prominently became sulkcuts at being entered into the comp against my will and tucking my bottle of beer under my armpit area and then immediately bent over slowly pouring it all over the floor whilst thinking "god, i hope no one saw that", only to look and see everyone looking at it.

Note to everyone ever: I never ever ever want to be in any battles ever and if i did i'd enter myself, so if anyone enters me into one who isn't 100% genetically me, ignore that ish, for the love of god, please! I hate the shit out of battling and will never love it even if i bossed every comp and won everything. Thanks xxxx

• Like 1

^^ Phil you actually set the tone for the battle perfectly by just standing there in full boss mode !!!

Totally wicked weekend. Took a bit of doing to pull it all together. Sy smashed it making it all happen and being a bawss on the mic.

Ed was like the baddie wrestler that everyone loves, knocking out foos left n right only to come a cropper in the final round. We even got the crowd booing and hissing him like a bad guy hahah. Big up Paul on taking the win.

Performance on the day were pretty immense too. Redmist's set was so musical and deep, picking up from where scratch music should have gone. Jeppa staight up hardcore juggled super fast for 15mins, some of it was beyond redic and all flowed super nicely. El Statiko came with the fury and did a battle routine with some good use of the tiny loop /tone trick. Muzzel did his cue point cutting thing, with a few new beats and some from last CSG and then went on to straight murder the cut with a cameo from Sy being equally beastly !! Having just won the battle Paul stepped up for his showcase, a pretty fitting way for a triumphant winner to celebrate :-p but also prime time for beers and smoking (sorry mate). Skratchlords finished it off in usual lordly style, but with the alternative line up of Redmist and Moschops standing in for Jimmy P and Jack. Very dope and quirky beats and cuts - when Jim Om Unit shouts back "Hell Yeah" to "who wants to hear more weird music!" you know you're on to a winner.

Also big up everyone that made it down and our fallen comrades enduring the horrors of sunny beaches and family photos :-p

• Like 1

What a day. So many highlights. Wicked to catch up with you lot (this and the BBQ will make it twice in one year!)

Shame you couldn't make it Dan, I didn't realise you were supposed to be going. Would have been cool to meet you in person, plus you didn't get to see my Abba/Frank Sinatra tribute set! Good to hear that your dad's all right though.

Big thanks to all involved in the organisation. It was dope, dope, dope!

• Like 3

Shame you couldn't make it Dan, I didn't realise you were supposed to be going. Would have been cool to meet you in person, plus you didn't get to see my Abba/Frank Sinatra tribute set! Good to hear that your dad's all right though.

Thanks Joe.

Yeah,I was just gonna turn up on the Saturday afternoon..had been planning it for bloody weeks too.

I'll eventually get Rock Well in a headlock one of these days for getting me back into all this music making malarkey.

Only kidding ,it would have been handshakes and hugs all round..

I'm still proper miffed about missing this one..

• Like 1

Mega props to dubba, the UK Titan!

Yeah sorry I've been meaning to congratulate Dubba but keep forgetting.

Seriously well done Paul, I'm super pleased for you mate. Again, I had a sneaky feeling you'd nail it !

• Like 1