G.O.A.T (Breaks & Beats)

danswift

@ Joe

Alas not im afraid it was just a compilation.. but the Anderson Tapes is worth watching just for the soundtrack alone

The first Death Wish movie is packed with great instrumental moments which didnt appear on Herbies soundtrack lp which was a dissapointment even though the album is really good anyway but it could have been even better if those tracks had been included

Oh well you cant have everything I suppose, so ill post up another break which has a similar vibe to QJ instead

Break at 00.00

• Like 1

Death Wish OST is a funny one. I don't think the score really works in a lot of scenes of the film, it almost distracts me from the action rather than underscoring and emphasising it. Likewise, I find the LP a bit of a frenetic listen. That said, even with the bits from the film it doesn't include, it's pretty much a non stop selection of handy samples. I was turned on to it originally after Babu said it was his favourite record to sample from.

• Like 1

Hmmm... we might need an OST thread before too long.

Not the worst idea.

OSTs are probably my number one sample source - apart from the wealth of lesser known samples packed with atmosphere and often uncluttered by singing or having all the instruments playing at once, my place of work has two businesses under one roof - a stinky old fashioned record shop and soundrack specific mail order business.

• Like 1

Has anyone been on the Future Producers forum ?

,they have a breaks thread on there like this one

I thought it would be interesting so i went on there to have a lurk and see what it was like (and to see if i could jack anything tasty hehe beat vulture style ) but it was nowhere near as good as this thread on DV

There was about 4 youtube vids and nearly all the posts people had put up were just pictures of the lps with the breaks on them lol and not the specific track

not very helpfull at all really but they were all raving about it to each other on there about what a jolly good thread it was when 99% of them appeared to have fuck all knowledge on the subject of breaks whatsoever,

but then again maybe i was probably expecting a little too much from a forum called Future Producers in the first place...

Kids eh ? :d

Most music forums are full of shit to be honest, 90% of them think you are some kind of anti music filth if you even mention sampling breaks or doing mash ups, KVR and Gearslutz are perfect examples...

KVR = If you don't own 3000 plugins and make ambient synth music you suck.

Gearslutz = No no no, Engineers always do it this way.

Isn't Future Producers the dregs from what used to be DOA ?

• Like 1

I have no idea to be honest if Future Producers is the dregs of DOA tbh Flexi

i had no desire to join any music forum that would have me as a member in the first place haha

I joined DV because id been kinda lurking and coming on here for a few months beforehand just reading the threads and watching & listening to the videos people were posting

I was impressed by this place because everyone seemed passionate about the music and were pretty clued up all round because of the diversity and range of the different threads people were starting , so along with that and the fact a lot of the fellas here knew my bro Dee from the early days of the site were the reasons i became a member here

this is an evil monster of a break and the type i like most of all -when the drummer is slamming the living bejeezus out the kit like a demon on speed hehe

Break at 04.23

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

nice joe - i got that deep purple for 50p :)

today i've been rinsing this. first heard it on a snowboarding video called cosa nostra which had an all funk soundtrack that blew my mind at the time. still does actually. i'll upload the whole thing some time because i can only find one reference to that video on the whole internet......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fak8j8tNM5o

• Like 1

Thats dope Sy

the drums sound wicked

The Manu Dibango track you posted "The Panther" is also sometimes known as ,"African Battle " for some strange reason

Heres another version of the track which you may not have heard before by Brownout

Sy - a friend of mine saw an open air concert by Manu Dibango in Barcelona a few years ago -she said the whole place was literally cooking..

The "O Bosso" lp from 1972 with the track New Bell is another lp of his which i really like and is well worth a listen

Masters At Work remixed New Bell

a few years ago now but to be honest i think they more or less ruined a perfectly good track by doing so

as their mix of it just didnt do the track justice in my opinion