G.O.A.T (Breaks & Beats)

danswift

Guest petesasqwax

Shouts to one of the true dons of digging, Dante Carfagna for letting most of the world know about that one!
  • Like 2

Ha! I've looked at that LP every day for about 10 years and avoided it like the plague!

Cheers Joe, these are the kind of tips I need ;)

No probs :)
Yeah, I was lucky there. The guy in the record shop told me where the break was so that I didn't have to crawl through broken glass to get to it. It was only when I needle-dropped the rest of the LP out of curiosity that I discovered how dreadful it was.

Bollocks! After a decade of it being part of the unwanted scenery, I can't find it anymore! Still, I'm sure it won't be long til another shows up.

I love those recommendations you get from kindly souls in records shops. I've got a good few that were pointed out by customers, particularly break heavy weights that are happy to throw you a bone they've already got - Format pointed me towards a shit looking Ray Stevens LP I must dig out for this thread. I've had a couple thanks to Mr Thing too and lots from my mates Adam who works here sometimes and Andy who now has his own shop (Eldica). When I first started out looking for stuff to sample, these occasional tips were so useful and I still kinda treasure the records I got that way even if they are worth nothing in monetary value.

Guest petesasqwax

My mate Andy who runs Vinyl Underground in town has some heavyweight knowledge, but he also is well aware of how much things are worth and thanks to Discogs there's no longer an issue about being able to fund people who will pay good prices

Guest petesasqwax

These days I'll only buy records I actually like, rather than any with a break on it. Try explaining that concept to somebody who doesn't dig! Having the "you're only buying records you like now? as opposed to...?" conversation with your significant other is always a fun time

• Like 2