Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

Hey guys I was wondering if somebody can help me out on my project.... so I'm wanting to install mr raiden vvt-mk1 internally through the c8 and c18 in/out points on the board..my problem is that I want my fader to have a better cut in point... I've been trying to understand how adding resistors inline with the fader can alter the cut in.. but what kind would work best for this add on? And also would I be able to add them in on the 3.5 jacks coming off the c8 & c18 ins and outs?

So while installing my start/stop button on my 01usb, I notice that it has the hole for the scratch fader and it's just covered by the skin..might that mean it could possibly run the scratch fader if I can find out how to wire it up? Or do you think numark just ran out of USB cases and just gave me a case for the scratch instead?

So while installing my start/stop button on my 01usb, I notice that it has the hole for the scratch fader and it's just covered by the skin..might that mean it could possibly run the scratch fader if I can find out how to wire it up? Or do you think numark just ran out of USB cases and just gave me a case for the scratch instead?

There is any modification at pcb level? Take pics and share them, please...

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

From what ive read, the fader isn't connected through its own module.. it's wired in through the eq/volume/pitch board.. but finding internal pics of the scratch seems nearly impossible ATM..

Yeah the "fader" connects to the EQ/volume/pitch board, that's where all the magic scratch circuitry is. There's a little VCA on that board to do the cutting, and it's also where the AUX signal is mixed in. There are virtually no other differences between the 01usb and the 01scratch (I think the main board is identical).

• Like 2

From what ive read, the fader isn't connected through its own module.. it's wired in through the eq/volume/pitch board.. but finding internal pics of the scratch seems nearly impossible ATM..

Yeah the "fader" connects to the EQ/volume/pitch board, that's where all the magic scratch circuitry is. There's a little VCA on that board to do the cutting, and it's also where the AUX signal is mixed in. There are virtually no other differences between the 01usb and the 01scratch (I think the main board is identical).

Thank Rasteri, as you've probably have read in my other post, ive been seriously obsessing over having an internal fader wheather it be with my raiden/other fader(maybe from my old rane mixer) or whatever.. after discovering the fader hole/mount in my pt01 case, I'm lookIng into trying to replicate the scratch's fader circuit..especially since jddesigns is dropping that new fader for the scratch...

• Like 1

ive seen that rasteri, and its $90 for me plus I have to buy a fader for $?? And then assemble and install...and to me, I would rather buy an 01 scratch.. but, however if numark can throw a switch and wires in the box without a nanoanything then I'm gonna try to find out how;p