PnG xfader prefrences (mod)

So my PnG has been feeling sluggish. I took it apart and by-passed the Circuit Board (as Dub7en advised). The PCB byass is easy and can be down with a switch in the stantons and a easy unplug and plug in on anything else. Well I also cut regular. I opened up the fader realized the distance the fader contacts cut in on each side were different. I cpuld tell by the fader wear and dirt smudges. So I clean it up filpped it around and put it back in. I have to run it Hamster to cut reglular, But since I flipped the fader and by-passed the PCB the cut in is right of the wall. Sharp too.

Just thought I'd share.

yeah i did that too when i first bought my sa-5. Had it for about 2 1/2 months now, i lubed them as well aye but im sure i put too much of that cailube ish on. Now it sounds like my x-fader is bleeding hard out. I opened it up again and tidied it up but it still does this. I dunno what else i can do to get rid of this, can't be fucked already coz i only had it for 2 1/2 months or can it?... shucks :s

DO NOT put any type of caig on anything but the RAILS in a PnG.

NEVER use it on the conductive strips, they are made differently, all you should ever need to do to them is clean it with warm, soapy water.

cailube droplets are designed to be used on the contact strips, you've just put too much on.

take out the blue contact strip and and it a good wash in warm soapy water, then dry it thoroughly. that should sort it

i went through a phase of not putting cailube on the strips, cos it was making me miss click and made the cut 'fadey'. it was cos i was using too much!

you wanna get a cotton bud (cue tip) and put a drop on the end of it, then wipe it over the contact strips, then use the other end to wipe it off again....

cailube droplets are designed to be used on the contact strips,

NOT on PnG faders, LIKE I SAID, they're(png) made differently than Alps/PCV faders. it wears the coating over the strips off, it is NOT good for PnG faders.

if that was the case, then why does the manual advise you to do it, and why is cailube MCL droplets bundled with png equiped stanton mixers? cailube is a lubricant designed for plastic conductive strips, a p&g has plastic conductive strips.

sorry dude but you're wrong.....

stanton mixers with pngs have a circuit board on the bottom of them

this is for the curve control. to bypass the curve control and give a sharper cutoff unplug the circuit board and just the wires directly together

Guest Deeswift

I'm wondering if there's even any point in modding my P&G. The cut in time is pretty much instant on, there's minimal fade, plus the cut in point is right on the edge of the slot. If it can be made a touch sharper by a simple mod then I'm all for it though.

EDIT: I posted that as Dub replied.

OK, so Vestax are different to Stanton P&G's. We only get one plug-in point.

sorry dude but you're wrong.....

no, i'm not.

ruin your faders, do i care, no. The plastic over the strips is presicely the reason caig does NOT go on the strips. it has been discussed a million times and it's not changed, caig is BAD for your png strips. PERIOD.

sorry dude, but you're a loomin....

CaiLube MCL ® is a precision lubricant specifically formulated to improve conductivity and lubricate conductive plastic and carbon compound faders, switches and other similar components. Over time these components lose their original lubrication from wear and/or repeated cleaning. Dust, dirt, drink spills and other contamination also degrade the components' lubricant. The need for re-lubrication is necessary to avoid excess wear and abrasion to the plastic surfaces.

Another use for CaiLube MCL ® is on conductive membrane switches and components. Oil, grease and acids build up on the membrane surfaces due to repeated finger contact and can lead to device malfunction. Applying CaiLube MCL ® will provide a long-lasting barrier against these types of contamination. The oil, grease and acids will be displaced above the CaiLube MCL ® layer preventing contact with the plastic membrane.

Uses:

Lubrication/protection of plastic-to-plastic parts (faders), plastic-to-metal parts (faders, linear sliders - dot matrix printers), metal-to-metal parts (sliding and slow rotating metal parts, locks, bearings), carbon-based controls (potentiometers) and membrane switches (mouse pointers, touch keypads).

Cailube is designed to be used on the strips too.

CaiLube MCL ® is a precision lubricant specifically formulated to improve conductivity and lubricate conductive plastic and carbon compound faders, switches and other similar components. Over time these components lose their original lubrication from wear and/or repeated cleaning. Dust, dirt, drink spills and other contamination also degrade the components' lubricant. The need for re-lubrication is necessary to avoid excess wear and abrasion to the plastic surfaces.

i think i'll be the bigger man now and walk, yes, walk away now...