Thud Rumble TRX DJ mixer

Still use my SA-8 as my master studio mixer. Really miss some of the features from it now when using my 56 such as auto cue, independent outs and push buttons for the fx loop rather than toggle switches. Just a shame it was never sharp enough on the cut.

I hated the SA-8, lol. I felt bad when it came out, cos at the time I had an Ecler Hak 310 and one of my oldest mates (2ndhand from here) was looking to buy one, but I was like "nah man, get an SA-8! That looks like a better mixer!" and I convinced him to get one as it was around the same price as a 310. The fader was noisy as fuck. The transform switches that were like mini-faders moved on their own as they couldn't be locked in place like on the SA-5, so they'd sometimes switch to "off" and the sound would cut off, so you had to tape them open. The face plate would move around, affecting the cut in. There was some mod you had to do to fix the fader curve too, but that didn't make much difference. There's some posts on here from 10 years ago where 2ndhand talks about how shit it is. He ended up selling it and getting a 310.

The SA-5 was a killer scratch mixer. The SA-8 though. Nah. It might have had innovative features, but the basics weren't right.

I hated the SA-8, lol. I felt bad when it came out, cos at the time I had an Ecler Hak 310 and one of my oldest mates (2ndhand from here) was looking to buy one, but I was like "nah man, get an SA-8! That looks like a better mixer!" and I convinced him to get one as it was around the same price as a 310. The fader was noisy as fuck. The transform switches that were like mini-faders moved on their own as they couldn't be locked in place like on the SA-5, so they'd sometimes switch to "off" and the sound would cut off, so you had to tape them open. The face plate would move around, affecting the cut in. There was some mod you had to do to fix the fader curve too, but that didn't make much difference. There's some posts on here from 10 years ago where 2ndhand talks about how shit it is. He ended up selling it and getting a 310.

The SA-5 was a killer scratch mixer. The SA-8 though. Nah. It might have had innovative features, but the basics weren't right.

All coo man :-) Like I mentioned in my previous post they used one of the smaller companies to the Sa-8 vs the Sa-12....Sound wise it was up to par with the most expensive mixers.

The faceplate moving you mentioned seems odd to me since its bolted from the sides and it was a one piece extruded aluminum design...If it moved it was becuase the screws were not tight enough, that's like saying the faceplate on 05pro moved, if the screws are on tight they don't move...

The OS2 / Optical Scratch Switches were really smooth and I specifically requested for them to have dust gaurd/felt piece underneath to give it resistance but I was over ruled on that...All you had to do was unscrew the plate from the Switch and add piece of paper of felt in between..That would keep the buttons from sliding over, no need to tape them...

The Lock switch on the design afterwards is the dumbest ish in the world. It was a waste of space and added more components to the design layout and price...

I gave them a big No on that one, they added it to the Craze Mixer but not Mine...They just left out the Resistance Piece that I requested...That's All Jim Spree/Mazur's doings...currently with Native Instruments...Talk to him about that ish...

Lock Switches are like your door knob being to smooth so you add another lock to keep it from moving, just add a litte bit of resistance instead..No need to add a lock to your a lock...hahah

No different then adding a Bypass button to your fader now...if it's to smooth, just add a little resistance that's all....weird ish fo sho, but it's some of what I was dealing with....

Eitherway, I always aknowledged all the corners that Stanton cut and the quirks which needed to be ironed out. I was back home in AZ before it was completed and towards the end I didn't have much say...This is when all their energies started going towards the Final Scratch stuff too...There was no chance for future revisions which is standard with any product...

I still stand by what I said...If Stanton fixes the bugs and add some Midi Control Features it will be up to par..

Being able to Cue your Effects in your Headphones, who heard of a such a thing?

Rumble Filter, What?..

Being able to assign your FX Return to one of your Line Channels so you can adjust on the fly....

Or use the channel to Manipulate Feedback Tones...

4 Headphone Outputs? So you can have 2 Scratch Ninjas Sharing the same mixer...What?

Any of this coming back to you?...:-)

I do feel your passion about this issue, so I nominate you to be in Charge of Quality Control with this new company

we're just getting off the ground :-) If you have unlimited funds then it's a wrap,no screw will be left unscrewed, we'll use the

highest grade earospace industry stainless steel for the new faders, getting inspired just thinking about it...

Let's get it done, like yesterday....

Last note, don't misunderstand me, I'm not repping Stanton and I was just an Artist that was brought in and had

my moment, I stretched things as much as I could with my creativity...I'm here repping myself and my contritbutions

to keep them going and unto future designs...

• Like 1

Damn, Focus - that's unreal! I knew the SA-8s were sick, but I had no idea how much you'd actually put in there. The split channel for record cuts to one side and beats to the other is INCREDIBLE. That's still how I work when collaborating with other DJs i.e. get them to record their cuts in whatever software they use and then send me back a hard panned master so I can line the cuts up accurately with the original beats

Haha Thanks homie...Yeah like in the Tv Show Fringe, I was running Futuresss :-) All Scratch All day everything, trying to see what would be needed by the Scratch Artists ...

In my mind I tried to cover 3 things... Home Practice/Training, Studio Recording and Live Performance while trying to keep it uncluttered..

I was trying to spark of movement of sharing panned Scratch Practice files/Tapes.

Like I said before, my scratch records have sounds layered and panned..even did some notes to create Chords by panning...haha

None of you homies remember the Scratch Practice App I did before AS IS Phonics? How about the one in 2002ish with Analog X?...

Sharing Loops or Scratch Practice Sessions with the extension .scr so it would make it easyer to do a search haha....

But word, all my works are interconnected one way or another and that includes the mixer...Time to dig up some more museum pieces..haha..

Now back to this Grassroots company we putting together...:-) Ceo where you ats?

Guest petesasqwax

Man, I don't think I've ever cut with anyone who DOESN'T use that app! There is NO better looper that I've encountered for throwing loops at it, pitching them up and down, regulating volume between beats etc. It's damn near perfect!