DV/DJ-TECH SCRATCH BATTLE RULES AND INFO

Yeah, it has to be between 0 and 60 seconds (give or take a few seconds). What else could "up to 60 seconds" mean? :p

it's me admitting that i may actually be able to put together somewhere between zero and about 14 seconds of decent scratching

Yeah, it has to be between 0 and 60 seconds (give or take a few seconds). What else could "up to 60 seconds" mean? :p

it's me admitting that i may actually be able to put together somewhere between zero and about 14 seconds of decent scratching

Haha, fair enough man, although I know that's a lie! You better be entering!

For any people uploading videos in the next day or so, please stick to YouTube if at all possible. So far, all of the entries have been hosted on YouTube, which means I can make a playlist of all of the videos to make it easy for people to watch them, plus people can share the playlist if they want to.

If you're banned from YouTube or can't use it for some other reason, I can host your video for you on my account. PM/email me to sort that out. I will still accept submissions via Vimeo though, so if you insist on using that for some reason that's OK.

Just a reminder for those still to record a vid - the time limit for round 1 is 60 seconds. While I will allow a bit of leeway, mainly if you have some blank beat at the beginning/end, please don't submit a file where you scratch for considerably longer than 60 seconds. I don't like having to tell people to chop the end off their video or re-record, but rules are rules I'm afraid and it's not fair on everyone else if I let a long vid through.

I've had a complete computer break down and wasn't able to use Windows last month.

Also, I've moved to another city and just got everything set up again.

Also, I suck and my dog ate my cross fader.

Also, 1 month was a bit short for 1 minute of scratching.

I'll send you something as soon as this lousy Windows Movie Maker download is finished... (Why do I need to download over 100 MB if the setup itself downloads everything during the installation?? So what is the rest? More wallpapers of penguins for my desktop?)

There's 2 installers for Windows Essentials. One is just over 1 MB and it downloads just the components you select when you first run the installer. The other one is over 100 MB in size and includes all of the components so you can do an offline install. With the latter, of course you can still choose which components you install.

Nucleo - If you see this, I have validated your "Nucleo" account. I can see you registered a few accounts as you were obviously having issues. I did try and email you the other day, but I don't think you received it. If you see this, just log in with the "Nucleo" account and you'll have full access to the site. I've also emailed you again about this just now.

Some of these new joiners who are shit hot skratchers better stick around after the battle to post loads of pictures of cats or seething else equally pointless like giving me advice on how to reduce my crippling. 2 click flare dependency.

I've just replied to all the people who submitted their videos while I was asleep. All the entries were fine apart from one which was 90 seconds long. Also, if you signed up for DV last night, your account should be validated now.

Can't wait to hear the other competitors! Im always trying my best to stay up on the DV boards but can never seem to do it lol. Ill be keeping up though for this battle! Good luck to all!

You still entering man?

Just a final reminder to any last minute competitors - please make sure that your video is as close to the 60 second mark as possible!

Also, I have replied to every competitor that's entered so far, either via PM or email. I'll continue to do that up until the deadline, but if you have submitted an entry and you haven't heard back from me it's because I haven't received anything from you, so you'll need to get in touch with me before 11 PM tonight.

Haha, yeah. I'm on top of it though I think. All of the videos are already posted up - you just can't see the thread yet. Same with the YouTube playlist, which is sorted, but unlisted. I just have to add any new entries if/when they come in, then at about 11:30 tonight I'll make everything visible.

Have you got Flip's email address BTW? PM it to me if you can, cos he's the only judge I have no contact details for.