DV/DJ-TECH SCRATCH BATTLE RULES AND INFO

Some other final round judges: -

Sparky T

DJ Woody

Chris Karns/Vajra

Thanks a lot to Loop for getting in touch with these guys and getting them on board.

Ritchie has sorted us out with a couple more prizes - a t-shirt and snapback courtesy of the good folks at AnyForty, so the overall winner will get those. Cheers, Ritchie! There are more prizes in the works too.....

• Like 2

Guest loop skywalker

No worries at all Steve,its the IDA ethos that we help each other in our turntablism community.It makes the scene stronger and brings people together and raises awareness of our art.Always happy to help out guys like you bro :)

• Like 4

Jimmy has kindly thrown some prizes into the mix - a Super Scratch Sunday t-shirt, mug and bag for the overall winner. Thanks mate!

Also, you may have noticed that we've had server issues that have been happening since pretty much as soon as I posted the battle info up. As much as I'd like to say "it's because of the massive amount of traffic we're getting", lol, it's not that. It's just a coincidence. I am speaking to our web host about it and trying to get it sorted. If, during the voting parts of the battle, the site becomes super slow or it's inaccessible, I will extend the deadline for voting and make alternative arrangements - perhaps a Facebook group, or maybe a temporary site hosted elsewhere. Whatever happens, DV's hosting issues will not cause this battle to be abandoned, I can promise you that. I apologise to any new members that have signed up, because while the site does have hosting issues from time to time, they don't usually last as long as they have this time. Please bear with us!

Guest loop skywalker

Ive shared it on a few of the IDA chapters facebook ting. I think someone should post it on the dmc online page :)

• Like 2

All over this, not much of a juggler so a freestyle scratch comp is the ideal intro to competitive DJing. Thanks for throwing this together, looking forward to seeing the other entries!

Mike, the president of the UK chapter of the IDA, has very kindly donated a Pro X Fade as a prize, so we are going to give that to the runner up. The winner is already getting a nice swag bag and there will probably be more prizes added to their prize pot as time goes on as well.

In round 1, you can use any beat you like - we won't provide any.

In the other rounds, we will provide 1 beat (per round) that you have to use, so you actually get no choice, haha.

We're going to test DJ's skills over a range of tempos, but all of the beats will have a 4/4 time signature and none of them will be crazy slow/fast to the point where you think "I can't cut over this shit!".

Welcome to the forum man.

Pretty hefty line up already for an entry-price mixer! I'll tell some scratchers to join the battle and maybe participate in the first round for the fun of it. Nice going, Steve - especially considering your opinion on DJ battles. :)

• Like 1

Hello Digital Vertigo !

I`m getting ready to enter the battle ;)

Thx to WSQ for informing me about it ;)

Good Luck to all competitors. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Welcome to the forum man!

Pretty hefty line up already for an entry-price mixer! I'll tell some scratchers to join the battle and maybe participate in the first round for the fun of it. Nice going, Steve - especially considering your opinion on DJ battles. :)

Haha, cheers mate. I wouldn't assume that my opinion on DJ battles is necessarily what I might have posted up recently on here though. :p

Hello Digital Vertigo !

I`m getting ready to enter the battle ;)

Thx to WSQ for informing me about it ;)

Good Luck to all competitors. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Nice...

Are the current entries listed somewhere?

There aren't any mate, although with 3 weeks to go before entries have to be in, I wouldn't expect anyone to have submitted yet.

All the round 1 entries will get posted up at the same time though, probably on September 13th.

• Like 1