Battle DJing is the most pointless shit in the DJ world

Steve

fuck me Jeff, you really have shown yourself to be a complete deluded joke.

fuck off now, kthnxbye.

EDIT: just to clarify (as you've proven you're a thick cunt) my post above isnt to do with your latest retarded post, its more of a general reply to the many.

you mad bro? LMFAO at al the uptight butthurt rage here!

still Total Eclipse can mix 2 trance tracks together but Tiesto couldnt make a funk beat with an ABBA song lol!

My thoughts:

Battling is still a good way to stay on top of your game, get stage experience, and to an extent, use a springboard into other areas of DJ-ing and music.

As much as I love watching videos of people shred on YouTube (Ritchie, Kurteek, Vekked, Yoshi, etc), and appreciate the time and effort gone into making routines, I don't really cut as much as I used to these days...Fell out of love with spending hours perfecting that stuff, although I still loosely follow the battles, and give props to DMC for keeping the artform alive.

My main focus is playing good shows and improving on my production skills....that's what I've always enjoyed the most.

• Like 1

Doubt you actually know any battle DJs in 2013 tbh.

Ha! The first time I've been told I'm too old to get it. Wow. And that at 30.

Thanks vekked. You made my day.

@arkei: never really got outside of zurich much...now I live in Sydney, Australia....

lolll, nah not an age diss, just seems like a dated battle scene stereotype is all... consider this:

US Finalists in last 2 years who are confirmed club/mix DJs:

I-Dee

Manwell

Sol Rising

Immortal

Donnie Dee

Cocheze

Lodus

Esquire

Traps

Sparechange

El Abstrakto

Ease

Flipflop

Chuck Flava

Ohm

Les

US Finalists who I don't think are club DJs but could be:

Precision

Etronik

As-one

Concept

The Beat Molester

Fascinate

Pretty sure this is the trend worldwide... I was the only Canadian finalists last year that wasn't a club DJ, and I've seen mixes from nearly all the top guys in the UK... Ruftone, JFB, Jon1st, Atom, etc. So I dunno what battle DJs you're talking to that talk shit about club DJs in 2013 when they all are club DJs.