Low End Theory in London

Nuno

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this regarding this night

"At Soundcrash we couldn't be more excited about welcoming the premier LOW END THEORY club night to London town. The hype out there is huge right now and having 4 of the residents of the seminal LA club night coming to play in person (Daddy Kev, Nocando, DJ Nobody, D-Styles) makes it a very special occasion indeed.

On another note we are very saddened to hear about the fifth resident Gaslamp Killer's recent major road accident that has left him seriously injured and unable to travel.
Perhaps an indication as to the all round respect that the music community has for GLK is the fact that one of the greatest figures in the world of experimental hip hop has stepped into cover Gaslamp's set at LET. That's right none other than DOOM (MF Doom, Viktor Vaughn, King Geedorah, Madvillain - with Madlib, Danger Doom with Danger Mouse, much more) has agreed to play in GLK's absence next week.
We all wish the very best to GLK's speedy recovery and we look forward to one of the most exiting club nights of 2013 next saturday!"
Can't help but be a little disappointed... GLK is one of the best DJs I've ever seen, doom is frankly one of the worst rappers I've ever seen (if he shows up), or you reckon he'll do a DJ set? That could be interesting as I bet he's got some bangers, still - won't be as hype as GLK. Good job I saw him a couple of months ago after all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Whos going , ed kut and phil cant make it but mat and i are i think lol but training it up but the whole last train back thing is a f£&k , might mean we gotta leave at like 23:10 and prob miss dstyles which is the whole reason for going really , wondered whos in it for the full length (sound well homo lol) , or possibly chillin after till first train back , at a bit of a loss ! (Help)

two free tickets in it !

Edited by sqratchsac

Guest Symatic

Whos going , ed kut and phil cant make it but mat and i are i think lol but training it up but the whole last train back thing is a f£&k , might mean we gotta leave at like 23:10 and prob miss dstyles which is the whole reason for going really , wondered whos in it for the full length (sound well homo lol) , or possibly chillin after till first train back , at a bit of a loss ! (Help)

two free tickets in it !

mate just stay up and get the train in the morning!

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/details/LST/WHI/tomorrow/0400/dep?id=1&fareId=5&return=false&callingPage=tf&realtime=false&alternatives=false&offpeak=false&offpeakReturn=false&fastestTrains=INCLUDE_CHEAPER&url=/service/times/LST/WHI/tomorrow/0400/dep&saved=false&responseId=4&fareDisplayId=1

straight up and down ! lol

leaves liverpool st at 4.30 to vic then straight home approx 2hr

bout 15min straight walk to liverpool st from holywell lane

£34 open return though

Edited by sqratchsac

dstyles was really good

doom was really not (he was sandwiched between two heavy club sets and played very downtempo headphone music for the most part)

kutmah smashed it

low end guys were good too

good to meet you gav!

Good mix of men v women. The place was rammed, pretty hot n sweaty at the front. Fuckin love how the women dance like strippers to trap.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

Any dj who can drop a beat from super duck breaks in a club and get away with it is a G.

I rated dooms anti djing. People kept going " whys he playing jazz?" but then dancing like nutters anyway it was ace

Jimmy where were you you absolute weirdo?