Alternatives to the APC40....

ANyone know of any? Currently have said device but it doesn't fully cater to my needs.

I really don't need all the scene launch buttons but could really use better faders, without lag (!!!) and more pots.

I've searched a few times and never find the right thing, except for a dude in the state who does custom builds... Could be an option but I'd need a few more paid gigs before I splash out £1500 on one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

What the fuck. That's shitty, geez. Condolences for getting your stuff jacked. Was it Thanet chief's or was it elsewhere?

Shit man, how'd it get "left outside"?

Honest answer? I had smoked way too much. I'm guessing that I put my flightcase down when I said goodbye to people, then wandered off without it. It's the only thing I can think of, I really don't think anyone in that studio would have robbed it but I guess you never know. Either way, it's down to my own stupidity.

I just bought the Livid CTRL R.... Usually buying new kit gets me exited but right now I just feel cold.... And am about to spend a month eating nothing but beans on toast. Still, got it for £425 which seems reasonable. I always hated the APC anyway. Will post some feedback when it arrives.

I hope so, spend quite some time looking at various bits and it seems the best bet. Has the amount of pots I need and the faders are meant to be of a decent quality, can't be any worse than the shitty Akai faders!

If I could drum on there then that really would be something but I very much doubt the pads are velocity sensitive, it certainly doesn't say they are anywhere.

If it did then WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWW then I could just use a single controller and do everything, that would be extremely cool indeed.