Twiddled boomerangs or autobahns.

Darcyd

I figured out what is messing me up. When i am doing the record hand motion of the back and forth for the boomerang, my fader hand automatically wants to go into 2 click orbit mode as if i was going fast 2 click twiddled orbits. When you are trying to twiddle the boomerangs, the fader hand twiddle movement is half as fast as it would be if you were twiddling regular 2 click orbits ( yes i know, talked about ttm definitions always end up like shit poetry, oh well, it makes sense to me). Boom.

Step 1. I've figured out what my problem is. Muscle memory is my enemy in this case.

Step 2. Do it up.

my fader hand automatically wants to go into 2 click orbit mode

Maybe it helps to shift the clicks of the boomerang by one note so you have a continuous fader movement. Then you could do 2 click orbits for a while and try to switch back and forth. Getting the Boomerang synchronized with the twiddle caused me some head aches, too but I feel like it's worth it (not that I could do them any faster than someone who uses just one finger or the wrist, though..)

My "muscle memory " problem is slowly ( very slowly) starting to fix itself. I am so used to do speedy 2 click orbits, that my fader hand wants to to a 2 clicker every time the record hand does a full movement. This works great when doing fast two click orbits.... but when trying to do boomerangs with twiddles, the muscle memory of my fader hand wants to do a 2 clicker for each of the 6 record hand movements in a boomerang, when what i really want to be doing is only 2x twiddles over all 6 movements of the boomerang. My gatdamn fader hand goes on auto pilot and wants to do 6x twiddles over the 6 record hand movements of the boomerang.

It's feels like trying to do a sudoku while masturbating. Not so fricken easy.

my fader hand automatically wants to go into 2 click orbit mode

Maybe it helps to shift the clicks of the boomerang by one note so you have a continuous fader movement. Then you could do 2 click orbits for a while and try to switch back and forth. Getting the Boomerang synchronized with the twiddle caused me some head aches, too but I feel like it's worth it (not that I could do them any faster than someone who uses just one finger or the wrist, though..)

do this over and over in differant patterNs till you can transition between them at wilLl..

like.. 5 HourS...

oK Go...!

even try transitioning between twidles and clicks...

that should take another hour easily...

OK GOOOO¬!!!"£

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...