Who should I battle next?

Vekked

I posted on my facebook already but want to open the discussion here for more ideas. I want to do another KOTD battle, but I'm having a tough time figuring out who I should battle. I would like to battle someone who:

1) Would battle again ever. Aka not Craze, Q-bert, or anyone who has won the DMC 6 minute and hasn't battled since, because realistically are Rafik, Netik, Vajra, Shiftee, etc, gonna battle again? No, not any time soon.

2) Ideally someone who I'm not expected to beat easily. Like I could battle some random person and on one hand I'm all for battling whoever, but on the other hand at this moment it doesn't make much sense to battle someone who if I win people will say "yea of course" and if I lose people will say "wow lol Vekked ain't a champ he's a chump". It doesn't have to be someone who's strictly a favourite over me, but someone who you think could take me if I didn't come correct.

I'll start the list with the more obvious:

-Izoh (although not very realistic given)

-Precision

-I-Dee

Just out of curiosity, though, have you ever battled Shub? I remember him taking part in a KOTD battle a few months ago, and he's probably one of the few Canadian battle dj's who could give you a good run for your money.

Nelson - I'd love to battle him out of hate but he doesn't fulfill criteria #2.

JFB - He is starting a Canadian tour right now (been trying to get on a bill with him but looks unlikely), but the only time he's on this side of the country there is no KOTD event in sight... was thinking the exact same thing when I found out he was coming. Good suggestion but won't be lucky enough to do it while he's already here this time.

Shub - Another good suggestion. Although, he's kind of a superstar DJ now I think, lol, like his DJ group (A Tribe Called Red) is on the cover of magazines and getting songs picked as the top 10 Canadian songs of 2012 and touring the world. He'd probably be interested but he seems crazy busy.

So:

-Izoh

-Precision

-I-Dee

-JFB

-Shub

-Not Nelson

Shub - Another good suggestion. Although, he's kind of a superstar DJ now I think, lol, like his DJ group (A Tribe Called Red) is on the cover of magazines and getting songs picked as the top 10 Canadian songs of 2012 and touring the world. He'd probably be interested but he seems crazy busy.

Shook.

Haha, probably. Tbh although on paper it's a good match up he's not very high on my list of people I'd wanna battle cuz I see him as sort of a mentor. It doesn't seem right battling someone who taught me stuff and helped me out a lot coming up, lol.

I wouldn't turn it down if it was set up but all things equal I'd rather battle someone on the same level that I didn't know as well.

You reckon you could take JFB?

Depends I guess. From a battle perspective I don't rate him that highly. His scratching is good but not great, his juggling is good but not great, and for me that's pretty much what makes a good battle DJ. A good battle DJ is really good at either scratching, juggling, or both.

HOWEVER, from a showcase perspective he's clearly really entertaining and knows how to make interesting DJ sets, and if we went head to head in a club set he would slaughter me unless I had heaps of time to prep and pulled a bunch of stuff out of my ass. He's very much like a new age Skratch Bastid. Not really a great battle DJ, ok scratching and juggling but not even close to groundbreaking in either, but he comes up with shit that crowds love and is really good at DJing in general. It's just 2 different skillsets.

Haha, probably. Tbh although on paper it's a good match up he's not very high on my list of people I'd wanna battle cuz I see him as sort of a mentor. It doesn't seem right battling someone who taught me stuff and helped me out a lot coming up, lol.

I wouldn't turn it down if it was set up but all things equal I'd rather battle someone on the same level that I didn't know as well.

That's fair enough!

That's fair enough!

AKA I'm shook

• Like 1

yeah shub is amazing. better not baattle him, hes actually too good....

he'd kill you...

have i mentioned 1 million times that i beat him in the WSTC in 06....?

...whatever.,... schucks...

• Like 1