What do you drive?

scottie(the)goonie

got a few, haha.

300bhp Impreza Wagon, which just blew it's engine, doh

470127_426367650723132_1759563097_o.jpg

340bhp Impreza Saloon (shared between 3 of us)

208316_209740635719169_984210_n.jpg

268BHP Toyota Starlet Turbo, had this car years, started life as a little granny wagon. now has the same power to weight as a 911 turbo

37553_140927432600490_3594813_n.jpg

11862_101354409891126_541933_n.jpg

and something nice and sensible

701927_569436276416268_1199252650_o.jpg

nice scoobies dub7, I'm guess you live in the UK as well?

Yeah UK, both scoobies are to be sold, got a replacement engine for the red one, the green one is a stripped out track car, so i dunno how well that will sell, haha.

Just rode my bike to Epsom but neither me nor Mrs. dopp had a camera with us. It's basically a really similar setup to this, but with a few different parts now:

On-One Pompino with a mix of self-chosen parts.

Cool, 531 is just the name/number of the material. It's a particular formulation(?) of steel used in bike manufacturing made by Reynolds. So Reynolds makes the tubes but then Townend made the actual frame and presumably built the bike.

531 was industry standard for ages wasn't it?

It's a shitty Townend I know but do like the 'chrome' forks and its got nice lugs.

Rides like a dream!

You should check www.cycleexif.com for some custom built road bikes, they are the best bikes I've ever seen on there.

531 was considered a decent material for British bikes for a long while in the 70s, 80s and 90s, yeah. You had loads of variants though, as that wiki page makes out. 531 was the most basic then you have 531c and 531st and loads of others. There are also various competing steels by Columbus and Peugeot's carbolite, then aluminium and carbon bikes came along.

The forks probably are actually chromed btw!

Different needs, different restrictions and different infrastructure. Take all the european diesel options for example. Or the low price of petrol in the states.

Yeah what dirk says. People in Europe (the European and UK markets are fairly similar) still travel a lot by train and petrol (gas) is much more expensive per mile than in the US.

Also our roads are physically much smaller than yours so cars need to be smaller.After the war people in Europe had much less disposable income and resources were scarce so cars needed to be designed cheaper, which meant smaller and using less metal, which in turn shaped tastes...