switchblade sermons 2 release date

airnino

toadstyle's switchblade sermons 2 will be released on the 24th of december 2012 (aka santa clause - post a file, bitch!)

original quote from facebook:

There's much to discover in 2 thousand 13.

But something awaits before those sights are seen.

For on December 24th, one hour past eleven.

A joy from the past shall return as your present.

Further preachings of the scripture without words.

Delivered in a tongue never spoken, only heard.

What's coming should not be taken as gospel.

For these messages need not an Apostle.

Just patterns of thought from one mans perspective.

Etched in time with cunning and incentive.

Not meant to impress, nor change your standards.

But again to encourage more questions and answers.

A aural tradition that all can understand.

Every ethnicity. Woman and Man.

The voice and the drum, not unlike the Ancients.

My conscience is clear. Thank you for your patience.

Switchblade Sermons 2. Christmas 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a been a minute since the first tape, does anyone know how much Toad cuts these days? I'm guessing it's not as much as he used to. That said, even if there's been no progession whatsoever, Switchblade Sermons will still be dope, no question. Listening to the first tape, the cuts are still better than 99% of DJs out there today.

P.S. ANYONE WANT TO BUY A COPY OF ROUGH INTERROGATION BREAKS?

anyone wanna buy my sealed copy of get em? how much is it worth? like $50 mabes?

Good question... only 1000 pressed. I can't find any completed listings on eBay or Discogs. I have an unused copy as well.

I remember some site selling new Get Em's for ~$50/piece a couple years after they were sold out, and I think they sold out at that price, but I think it's one of those things that so few ppl in the world actually care about that it wouldn't become worth that much more despite the rarity. Unless Switchblade 2 goes platinum.

I am aware of this ritual you speak of, although I discovered it without the help of a video (this Qbert fella you mention will be hearing from my legal team)... I was gonna pretend to take some kind of moral high ground but I have to admit I do it all the time at work to supplement my pitiful salary.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The original Switchblade Sermons was sold on CD-R for $10 plus shipping through a site called Sqratch Attack. They took a whole bunch of orders, but a couple of weeks after the supposed release date, nobody had received anything. Time passed, no CD-Rs were sent out. A could of months later, a post went up on Asisphonics (the Ruck's site) about it being delayed due to some kind of recording issues - fader popping could be heard and so it was all going to have to be manually edited out - it all sounded like total bullshit to me. About 4 or 5 months after the supposed release date Sqratch Attack posted an apology on their website and said that they were only responsible for processing orders. They said that Toadstyle was supposed to have shipped the CD-Rs directly and that because of him, they were not going to be able to help artists out with their independent releases in future. They also posted up his personal email address and told people to contact him directly about the CD.

Obviously it did eventually come out, but it was months after the release date. I believe a similar thing happened with some t-shirts, where Toadstyle put some up on sale, took the money, then never shipped them, or they were delayed for months.

• Like 1

^ What Steve said. It was a bit like Junebugg and the Asis faceplates. Except that Toad eventually made good on his promise.

Basically, if it doesn't come out as a download, I'm not sending anyone money for it. And forget a pre-order.

• 5 weeks later...