Vekked is a World Champ! (Supremacy)

Nuno

so crazy, lol... feels so good, can't wait to see the footage. It's sick that I ended up getting probably the toughest draw I could've (France, Esquire, Ruftone), but it worked decent with how I had my routines planned out. I don't think I crushed anyone by any means either... probably if I chose a different order for my routines or something it could've gone totally different, just got pretty lucky overall. Think I kinda won the crowd over fairly early in the battle too, which no doubt helped... a couple of my routines were kinda sloppy, but I made up for it by taking a page from Nelson's book and making more ridiculous faces and gestures the worse I fucked up, to balance it out.

But yea, still feels pretty surreal. I just hope I contributed to some battle worth watching. On to the 6 min!

• Like 4

so crazy, lol... feels so good, can't wait to see the footage. It's sick that I ended up getting probably the toughest draw I could've (France, Esquire, Ruftone), but it worked decent with how I had my routines planned out. I don't think I crushed anyone by any means either... probably if I chose a different order for my routines or something it could've gone totally different, just got pretty lucky overall. Think I kinda won the crowd over fairly early in the battle too, which no doubt helped... a couple of my routines were kinda sloppy, but I made up for it by taking a page from Nelson's book and making more ridiculous faces and gestures the worse I fucked up, to balance it out.

But yea, still feels pretty surreal. I just hope I contributed to some battle worth watching. On to the 6 min!

It's the most humble speef I read from a world champion. You're so realistic.

Double congratulation Vekked.

It's the most humble speef I read from a world champion. You're so realistic.

Double congratulation Vekked.

bet you liked that nelson bit to le jad..so true just pull faces and act mad confident lol..well done vekked..your dope!

I didn't want to brag or anything, but it was probably his out of sync Q&A with me last year on paltalk that gave him the winning edge this year.

He'd never Q&A'd with me and never won before.... then he did and won.

It doesn't take stephen hawkins to do the math. Just a mention will be fine.

I went with the first set too. As much as I enjoyed the second one, the first is just more supremacy-oriented, with the orchestral sample and the whole "in your face" feeling. I honestly think you might have a chance at the world title, particularly if the competition is as weak as it was last year.

Just to show you my prophetic powers.

I like this part, Profail: -

particularly if the competition is as weak as it was last year.

lol

Ahah, yeah, I see how it can sound like a backhanded compliment, but it was more of a reference to how weak the 2011 battle was. Vekked, Ruftone and Esquire would all have walked right through the competition, last year.

Yooooooo.

Basically Vekked smashed it and did DV proud. Like he said he got the hardest possible seedings in the competition having to face France, USA and UK, who apart from Brazil were the strongest DJs in the battle. He had really great stage presence and his routines were exactly what supremacy needs, funky juggles and cuts using original records as well as having funny disses. I'll stop gushing now ha!

I know he might be a bit disappointed as I know how much winning meant to him this year, but Richie Ruftone did really well too and I'm really happy for him getting to the final. I think his decision to use his star wars routine cost him the final against Vekked. The final of supremacy went like so:

Round 1 Vekked:

Ray Ban Vision Juggle

Round 1 Ruftone:

Disturbed- Down With the Sickness Juggle

Round 2 Vekked:

Do I have to tell you that you're wack (updated)

Round 2 Ruftone:

Star Wars routine

I thought Ruftone had a slight edge in round one because V messed up ever so slightly, but R's second routine wasn't a very technical routine, whereas V's was. The star wars routine was really popular with the crowd though.