Official DV Juggle Battle #2

Vekked

Guest Symatic

i think savwar's on about the fact that with records you get to know each one, like the weight and the slippyness etc. and that all becomes part of the juggle.

with serato you use the same records so you dont have that individuality with each tune.

or am i just reading it the wrong way?

I find with serato/traktor sometimes your 12 0 clock points move round a bit. never understood why. maybe record wear?

We should have a one-off juggling battle where everyone has to use Le Pamplemousse

totally man!

after a few battles we should all rock the same tune...

it's great getin everyone into jugling again tho...

it really has been ignored for about 6 years i reckon.... vekked is the new ptrix or whatever,,,manheghhhhhh.????

Guest broke

I don't have Serato or any DVS, so if we ever do have a battle like that, we'll have to find a track that we all own.

One rule I think we should implement ASAP - you can only post one video. None of this 'I might post a different routine later' stuff...

Guest broke
One rule I think we should implement ASAP - you can only post one video. None of this 'I might post a different routine later' stuff...

Hmm, id consider it but why exactly?

Think about it. You can't post a file, wait to see what everyone else puts up, then put something else up. I know it's just a friendly battle scenario, but that's just not how it works. Why? For example, say you put up a file and everyone was like ''love that bit at 1:08", I could do a second file where I incorporate the same technique into my routine. It could keep on going back and forth like that until the time ran out.

If we want to do it properly, we should have an upload date and everyone posts their file on that day.

Hmm, id consider it but why exactly?

Think about it. You can't post a file, wait to see what everyone else puts up, then put something else up. I know it's just a friendly battle scenario, but that's just not how it works. Why? For example, say you put up a file and everyone was like ''love that bit at 1:08", I could do a second file where I incorporate the same technique into my routine. It could keep on going back and forth like that until the time ran out.

If we want to do it properly, we should have an upload date and everyone posts their file on that day.

I get what you're saying and I think it'd be important in a legit battle where there's something on the line, but I think "friendly battle" is the key in this.

I think it's fine to re-do your vid as long as it's before the deadline, that's kinda what the deadline's for. Implementing your rule would just mean everyone waits til the end to post, which is fine, but I just don't think it's necessary ya know? Not trying to be a dick but I doubt there's anyone who's going to get a significant edge by doing it anyways tbh. Most people here are relative beginners at beat juggling, which is fine, thus the main point of it should be trying to help people improve their beat juggling.

I'd even go so far as to say it's probably a good sign if people start being able to make a routine and then 1 up it within the same month, lol.

Guest rasteri

Awesome, didn't realise you guys had started doing juggle battles.

I might enter if I get a mo. Although the other entries are intimidatingly good.

i gotta admit ive been playing more with that juggle and it would be nice to share with you guys and get some more feedback, i really appreciated that. I've been working on the weak hand backspin too :-) been some really good entries since... i'm not fussed if people wanna make it a serious battle, (its funny to thnk theres kudos attached to winning a DV battle - GO DV !!) but i think less people would share ,this pace is a nice little push, but not relentless like the beat and scratch battles have become. but i do think you gotta stick with the same beat , no multiple entries in one battle.

i gotta admit ive been playing more with that juggle and it would be nice to share with you guys and get some more feedback, i really appreciated that. I've been working on the weak hand backspin too :-)

Do it!

been some really good entries since... i'm not fussed if people wanna make it a serious battle, (its funny to thnk theres kudos attached to winning a DV battle - GO DV !!) but i think less people would share ,this pace is a nice little push, but not relentless like the beat and scratch battles have become. but i do think you gotta stick with the same beat , no multiple entries in one battle.

I won't accept multiple entries but if someone wants to enter a new vid and it's before the deadline go for it, but it'll just replace the previous one.

I just wanna maximize participation at this point.

Guest broke

I won't accept multiple entries but if someone wants to enter a new vid and it's before the deadline go for it, but it'll just replace the previous one.

One video per battle, that's how you should do it.

• 3 weeks later...