Official DV Juggle Battle #1

Vekked

This one will be nearly anything goes so as to maximize participation.

Juggle Battle Rules:

(1) Deadline is May 31st

(2) Must be one-take.

(3) 90 second or less.

(4) Any track allowed.

(5) Serato is allowed, cue points are allowed but bear in mind it's a juggle battle and not a cue point battle, use them just to cue up parts to juggle.

(6) Post on here once you upload the file.

video, right?

I'll probably post something even tho it will not be very good.

If someone can't do video I suppose an mp3 is fine but I'd say given the visual aspect of juggling it'd be a pretty big disadvantage to do just audio.

Nice one for organising this one Vekked! Not wanting to reignite the traktor v serato debate but can I assume traktor is permitted too? Have moved to Spain and didn't bring vinyl or serato with me, only traktor

Edited by MadAbbott

we should probably have someone pick a track i think...

partly because it ensures a level playing field.. as i haven't juggled in years and don't have any ones prepared that i can use...

...although i'll try and string something together.. i suppose there is a month...

EDIT*

sorry didn't see the duscussion about this later in the other thread...

Guest broke

IT'S WORTH POINTING OUT THAT VEKKED WOULDN'T HAVE SUGGESTED THIS BATTLE IF HE DIDN'T THINK HE COULD WIN

Nice one for organising this one Vekked! Not wanting to reignite the traktor v serato debate but can I assume traktor is permitted too? Have moved to Spain and didn't bring vinyl or serato with me, only traktor

Absolutely, sorry I should've said DVS, Traktor, Torq, Mixvibes, homemade DVS are all game.

we should probably have someone pick a track i think...

partly because it ensures a level playing field.. as i haven't juggled in years and don't have any ones prepared that i can use...

...although i'll try and string something together.. i suppose there is a month...

I think that should be the standard going forward but I don't think it's a bad idea to just do whatever the first month to encourage maximum entries and see how many we're gonna get before we start adding restrictions that could exclude a few people.

DO NOT all use the same beat! The beat has nothing to do with it. They do not use all the same records in the DMC or any other comp. Just chose the records you feel most comfortable juggling. I'll tell you now I will not watch 5 juggle videos of the same beat! Theres my 20p.

• Like 2

I also think that, in the future, we should have someone pick a track (or 2 or 3) for the battle. I waste a lot of time searching for tracks that I'd like to juggle, and I think it's way more challenging if you just have to go with what you're given. Then again, just my two cents.

For sure, I think we should do both, it won't hurt to switch it up. We could try doing like a certain genre or something like breaks or classic hip-hop or woteva for a future battle too. That way everyone stays sort of happy.

Guest Symatic

i guess you could do it if you had everyone do Funky Drummer or something, but it might get a bit boring. part of the fun with juggling is whats being juggled, how you break it down, making it into something new.

also, i dont have serato!

i guess you could do it if you had everyone do Funky Drummer or something, but it might get a bit boring. part of the fun with juggling is whats being juggled, how you break it down, making it into something new.

also, i dont have serato!

True, another part is to see how many ways a bunch of people can flip the same beat too.

And why don't you just press some customs of whatever beat gets chosen? ^_^

Also style. I only juggle 90s style beats. Basically it's an unfair advantage to certain people if you have just one beat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...