DV Juggle Battle #1

Vekked

DON'T use the same beat! Let people choose their own. One of the bad things about the cut battle is that you have to listen to the same beat for ages. Let people choose what they want if they are good at using that beat then they win! That's the point and none of this pre 2000 golden era only shite I want to hear good CREATIVE juggles. No buttons though because that is cheaty as fuck!

There sorted I will look forward to it and may even enter and slay you all in few months! :)

What I propose is that each person choose a beat of their choice for the juggle, but must mention the name of the original track so that the audience can fully appreciate (and judge!) how creatively and imaginatively that person is flipping the beat.

This way, I won't have a problem with people using Serato, since I would know that the beat is not programmed to make the juggle easier; and no time is wasted in "voting" for the beat of the month; and no money is wasted for people who don't have that record and therefore has to purchase it new.

And yes, no buttons please.

What I propose is that each person choose a beat of their choice for the juggle, but must mention the name of the original track so that the audience can fully appreciate (and judge!) how creatively and imaginatively that person is flipping the beat.

The only issue is (like I said), me, Jon, and other battlers have a huge advantage because we can just use routines we've been working on for ages. I have ~10 beat juggles myself. It really gives some people no chance whereas they might have a shot if we were all on an even playing field with the same beat + amount of time.

if you are using juggles you already do then i could just post one of my old routines as my entry then??

im lazy and dont juggle but if i could get away with enetring without having to actully go into my studio then id be

up for this.lol

if you are using juggles you already do then i could just post one of my old routines as my entry then??

im lazy and dont juggle but if i could get away with enetring without having to actully go into my studio then id be

up for this.lol

Word.

Actually thinking about it, I guess it wouldn't hurt to do different stuff this time. Maybe have anything goes for the first one just to maximize entries, then maybe do all the same track or a certain genre or something in the future.

Reckon it Shud be serato only. We use a beat used as the main juggle by a dmc winner, starting some year, then go forward.. That way u have some inspiration a beat Thats been flipped before and no unfair choosing ?

I'm up for it, my jugglings pretty dated tho, plus i always say I'm up for it, but I won't share anything I think sounds shit n I've hit a bit of a wall recently :-(

Jk, is anyone interested in that tho?

I was thinking either we can use well known instrumentals or have a beat battle for this too but on more of a boom bap/hip-hop steeze than a scratch beat steeze.

Probs need at least 5 ppl to make it worth it. How many ppl would participate?

If I had the time I'd be really into this.

EDIT: Unless it was this nonsense about juggling in Serato. All vinyl son.

Jk, is anyone interested in that tho?

I was thinking either we can use well known instrumentals or have a beat battle for this too but on more of a boom bap/hip-hop steeze than a scratch beat steeze.

Probs need at least 5 ppl to make it worth it. How many ppl would participate?

If I had the time I'd be really into this.

EDIT: Unless it was this nonsense about juggling in Serato. All vinyl son.

Tbh there's no way it would be a vinyl only juggle battle in 2012. Instant doubles >> $30+ on doubles where one's warped or pressed badly so the needle skips, or trying to even find doubles these days.

I meant for me. I hate juggling and scratching with serato.

Oh word, yea you can absolutely juggle with vinyl, I thought you meant restricting it to vinyl only, don't think that's too realistic nowadays.