DV Juggle Battle #1

Vekked

Jk, is anyone interested in that tho?

I was thinking either we can use well known instrumentals or have a beat battle for this too but on more of a boom bap/hip-hop steeze than a scratch beat steeze.

Probs need at least 5 ppl to make it worth it. How many ppl would participate?

So anyone have thoughts on the best way to pick a beat to juggle?

Maybe each participant nominates 1 instrumental and you need 1 other person to +1 it if they like it, and we do a vote with all the beats that got a +1 or something and the one with the most votes gets used for the battle... thoughts?

IMO, at least for the first battle or 2, it'd be best to keep it to standard hip-hop beats since they're probably the easiest to juggle for some ppl who might not be as experienced, but it's up to everyone else.

Guest broke

I'm up for it

But if I don't have Serato, we'll have to agree on a beat we all have

Or do we really have to juggle the same thing? Thoughts?

maybe someone (perhaps who's not entering) just suggests a classic juggle track every month, ie mos def's Definition,Rasco's unassisted, Rakim's Guess who's back etc, and we have a little vote?

I'm up for it

But if I don't have Serato, we'll have to agree on a beat we all have

Or do we really have to juggle the same thing? Thoughts?

Hmm, I suppose we don't have to all juggle the same thing, we could have like a couple options. I do think I'd like to avoid everyone juggling something different or their own chosen beats though since it'd give a huge advantage to people who are making routines regularly like me and Jon and could have been working on a juggle for 3 months and used that. You could also join us in the new millennium Broke Van Winkle.

maybe someone (perhaps who's not entering) just suggests a classic juggle track every month, ie mos def's Definition,Rasco's unassisted, Rakim's Guess who's back etc, and we have a little vote?

Yea, I guess that's sort of what I was thinking in my suggestion with everyone putting forward their own track, doesn't have to be the competitors suggesting tho. I mean I'd personally like classic hip-hop/juggle tracks, but I don't want to deter anyone who wants to suggest some other stuff too.

Yea, I guess that's sort of what I was thinking in my suggestion with everyone putting forward their own track, doesn't have to be the competitors suggesting tho. I mean I'd personally like classic hip-hop/juggle tracks, but I don't want to deter anyone who wants to suggest some other stuff too.

i def agree on the classics, i reckon quite a few people would enter once they got wind of it as well, as on every modern juggle vid on youtube someone is harking on about the golden age of DMC's etc!

quite exciting - haven't juggled in about 10 years!

Yeah I like your thinking Vekked - everyone suggests a track and whichever gets the most votes we use. However, as you say...people will suggest the track they've been putting lots of practise on...we could say only pre- year 2000 hiphop beats?! lol but in all seriousness, I doubt anyone's using them in current battles...

Guest Symatic

it's gonna be hard to find a beat that everyone has. we could potentially do it with breaks like 'impeach the president' etc, but it might be better doing a freestyle thing.... but yeah could give people an unfair advantage.