Battling at King of the Dot (Canada's Don't Flop)

Vekked

Been wanting to battle there for ages, but they haven't had DJ battles out here yet for some reason. They just called me and Jooce up a couple weeks ago to organize it. Should be pretty sick, but pretty stressful at the same time... I feel like I have a lot more on the line than Jooce given the stuff at DMC.

Probably going to get more exposure out of this one battle than I will doing anything in battling bar winning DMC worlds or something given how big KOTD has gotten lately (Raekwon, Drake, and Epic Meal Time have hosted at the last couple battles).

• Like 1

Hey, congratulations man, that's pretty dope! To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with any of their dj battles, so I'm sure you and Jooce will raise the bar with this one. Do you know how long does it usually take for the videos to be released? Oh, and good luck!

Hey, congratulations man, that's pretty dope! To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with any of their dj battles, so I'm sure you and Jooce will raise the bar with this one. Do you know how long does it usually take for the videos to be released? Oh, and good luck!

It usually takes 1-2 months for a release I think. Yea there other DJ battles weren't amazing, Jimmi was decent but he was battling some bums, and I think he was kind of tapped for routines because the battles were like 4 rounds or something, kinda hard to keep up with that volume of good routines.

• 2 weeks later...

So this DJ battle went down today, rather than posting my own review, I'll just copy and paste one I read on a rap forum LOL

Some Asian guy had a "DJ battle" with this really corny white dude. White dude styled on him by scratching records behind the back and doing little dance moves. Dude was like the Harlem Globetrotters of corny white DJ battlers. Asian guy kept playing shit that sounded like when your Nintendo freezes during Legend of Zelda

battle didn't end up being judged officially cuz lack of qualified judges (which I kinda figured, not to sound cocky but there's only a handful of people in Canada I feel could be legit judges for us, especially considering the amount of beat juggling in this battle), gonna be "judged" by the viewers, which just means that it's promo basically, which is cool