DV Beat Battle #4

Yoshi

Guest Symatic

when i pm you guys i can properly answer questions or just have banter without getting derailed by two many opinions toward two many aspects of the topic

fact is im too busy too have opinion battles, so in future if i have something to say, expect a private message from me..

i respect your opinion but you're totally wrong you nazi homo noob!

• Like 1

You know, a board where you put up who's entered and won each time.

Winners are listed here:

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=30981

Finally though, you need to nail down exactly what the rules are. So you are letting Jimmy Penguin enter again this month? Who can enter, exactly? Anyone? Anyone who's signed up, even if they don't post?

Yes, I've decided to get rid of that rule.

Anyone who's a member on here can enter. Obviously I want people to post in places other than the battle section, but I hope these battles will serve as an opportunity for people to discover DV and then they can extend their contribution to outside this section at their own pace.

I, for one, joined this forum primarily for the A/V sections - to post my videos, and also to look ones by others. That was how I got to know DV in the first place. Then, as I got to know the tone of the forum and also the characters on here, I felt comfortable enough to enter the discussions in other sections. But it takes time!

I think people should get off Yoshi's back! It's so typical of DV to moan constantly about nothing happening and then someone does something and you have go cause your busy on Thursday or you don't like the tone of his posts....fuck off. This section is now integral as far as I'm concerned If it is removed or moaned out I will not be fucking happy. In protest I will hereby enter every skratch comp from now on and I've got 4 kids!

Dinny listen tae them Yoshi they're spoutin' pish!

• Like 1

I quit like the fact that the battles happen regularly, it's been pushing me to make beats to a schedule, which I wouldn't normally do, and also making me think about suitability for scratching, workflow and composition under a time constraint - i'm sure i'll hit a point where i'm not happy with a beat and wont submit , but haven;t got there yet. Saying that, just got back from hols last night , depending on how i get on today , might have to give this one a miss ...

regarding the lurkers / non forum entrants .. i reckon this is the perfect way of interesting people in the forum.. i think most people come for the A/V content and wanna hear / see cutting as well as 'talk'...

.. I like the idea of artwork as a prize. Woild be great if we could hook up with a forum that runs art competitions, where the winner gets a scratch track for their art ;-) surly some young artists would be chuffed with the exposure of their art being attached to music and distributed ..

Guest petesasqwax

I like the idea of working up to an album of some description, taking all the competition winners maybe and putting them together as a compilation with a looper of all the beats etc.

I like the idea of working up to an album of some description, taking all the competition winners maybe and putting them together as a compilation with a looper of all the beats etc.

That was always the intention:

Here's what I propose: we do a beat battle first, and the beat of the winner would be used for a scratch battle. This will happen every month, so 12 pairs of battles in a year, and we make a DV scratch compilation every year with those 12 scratch tracks on it.

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=30712