25 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is...

• Airnino
    • Doppelkorn
    • EricUK
    • Frost
    • Jimmy Penguin
    • Symatic

I liked Symatic's the best, but I wouldn't want to cut over a beat that slow. I'm not entering the scratch battle though, so I'll vote for it anyway. :d

It'd be a good battle though, wouldn't it? Cutting on an unusual beat really pushes your creative limits.

airnino - The sort of dark sounding beat that a lot of scratchers seem to like, but I'm not really into this sound.

doppelkorn - I enjoyed listening to it, but I wouldn't choose it as a beat for people to cut over compared to some of the others.

eric - I liked this one. Simple, but cool.

Frost - I liked this one too and I nearly chose it simply because it's faster than the others.

Jimmy - I didn't like it when it first started, but when it fully kicked in after a few seconds it became a toss up between this one and Symatic's. Even though it has a bit of that dark sound that I said I wasn't too into, I really like the drums/percussion.

Symatic - I liked listening to this one, and I also thought it would be cool to hear how well people managed to cut over it as it's so slow, which is ultimately why it got my vote over Jimmy's.

as im not entering the battle i've decided not to vote.

however, i do really like all these beats.

i cant wait to cut over sy's & nino's. the slower the better for me, i love slow cutting.

but all were good, just not all the style i like.

can someone make a looper?

EDIT: im gonna vote for dopp, cos he deserves a vote just for the amount of effort he had to go thru to program those drums

Guest Symatic

dope beats all round!

airnino - dark and badass sounding standard cutting beat. comes 2nd in my opinion.

dopp - funny and chilled out.

eric - hard as fuck beats, i would have wonked it up a bit though maybe

frost - nice piano sample, could have done with some work on hte bass as it is a sick bassline but either too quiet or too low down the scale.

jimmy - at first i was like steve, wasn't thinkin i was gonna like it but when the drums drop it is phat as fuck. nice cut up vibe on the break too, and the beat knocks through everything else really well. switches up a bit too. got my vote.

airnino - nice and richly produced. I agree with Steve about that dark sound, I'm not a fan of it myself but it's a great beat.

me - this guy is on another level

Erik - possibly my favourite but it sounds too much like Bassline by Mantronix so I want to promote something different

Frost - nice and fun beat with kind of chilled out, ambient synths. I liked it a lot. I voted f0ar it originally but now I'm switching :(

Jimmy - contrary to the other guys, I actually preferred the first section before the drums kick in! would have been very interesting to hear people cut over that

Symatic - very haunting. This has won my vote for being so slow.

there's some great beats up there - gonna have a cut over them before voting.

BTW not all are available for D/L....

nino - good beat , pretty dark stuff,mad ending, would be difficult to cut to , slight crit would be theres something not quite in tune when it goes down a key

dopp - that must have taken fuckin ages to program on that thing !! actually really impressive knowing youve done it in such a old school way, given the amount of variation in the beat and attention to breakdown.... the chorus guitar sample sounds well nirvana to me tho which is a bit too depressing...LOL at the comedy samples too ;-)

eric - yeah i like, well constructed everything snaps well and i like the sexy breathing. nice sounding bass synth and quiet lead stabby thing (been thinking of riping that idea off from this beat

. seem the most obvious beat that would be easy to cut to.

frost - im not really a fan of the piano sample, but holy shit , that beat and bass when it drops - better be ready to bug out

jimmy - awesome beat - starts of reminding me of dirtstyle , then its drops sick - that drum beat is huge !

sy - this is a tune for the playlist already. The reece sounds phat. like the crackle youve put over the top - very cool . more sexy ahhs too. nice lead. yeah good beat... but cud be fuckin impossible to cut too.... wish i had ultra pitch

Guest Symatic

it seems i can only cut to slow beats now. think i need a break to reset myself.

mines just a 93 bpm beat really man! thats like a 186bpm beat which is dnb speed, it should be normal for you no?

im talking just generally. i half time everything at the moment, so its like 46. but thats what i like doing. your beat is perfect. i think what i mean is im just enjoying slow stuff more. maybe too much. so when i heard a fast beat i just skip it.

i can feel im getting stuck in the same patterns tho, which is more the reason for a few days away.

Guest Symatic

yeah i generally prefer well slow beats, thats why i got into dubstep really, to cut over beats like pinch's. but youre right you need to switch it up from time to time - i kinda suck when i get onto beats at around 130 cos i hardly practice to them.