New forum section idea

Steve

Tbtf - Those ideas are wicked. To be honest, that's along the lines of what I wanted, but as I don't have the gear to do something like that myself I didn't want to push it too much because it's asking a lot of other people. I've never done any video editing, so I don't know how it all works, but if you're willing to incorporate some of the ideas you've mentioned there (perhaps collectively between you, Jordan and whoever else is making vids) then it wouldn't be so much for one person to do. I would rather we set realistic goals and get something done (for a change!) than aim too high and end up with people backing out, so it's really up to you guys how far you're willing to take this.

Perhaps have a conversation in PM and work something out between you that you're happy with. Once we have one template video that looks good, it should make it easier to do others as anyone that wants to get involved will know what camera angles, zoom etc. to use.

J1M - That TTM tool looks great. We'll definitely incorporate that into it if that's OK with you. Hosting the necessary files on the DV webspace isn't a problem.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I would not know how to animate the TTM in red on which part is being performed, maybe jordan would know how... Also I dont think it would be very hard to draw the images in Microsoft paint or another program like that being that they are just lines.

also i do believe j1m site has a bunch of TTM drawings available that we can use ( assuming he lets us of course).

Steve I would not know how to animate the TTM in red on which part is being performed, maybe jordan would know how... Also I dont think it would be very hard to draw the images in Microsoft paint or another program like that being that they are just lines.

also i do believe j1m site has a bunch of TTM drawings available that we can use ( assuming he lets us of course).

not sure i would be able to animate the TTM in time.. i would need to learn how first.

but i can definitely animate all of the titling...

I think you might be under-estimating the work needed to add TTM animations, because you'd have to manually sync them up with the video. Maybe you could just use them at the very beginning though - For example, if the video was about chirps, you'd do a very basic, consistent chirp which would be easier to sync up with an animation, and then for the chirp demo over a beat there'd be no animation.

It'd be easy enough to get a ttm then animate 2 semi-opaque squares over each side to fade out bits so that only the current bit is highlighted

take a look at www.johnny1move.co.uk/scratch to get an idea of my current site and to get an idea of which bits you want. At the minut it's like a scratch wiki in it's own right so it'd need a bit of tweaking to get it into the forum

The next step would be to make a test video, but obviously it's down to one of you guys to do that. If someone could do that based on the ideas you posted in post #22, then that would get us off to a start, because then others can give feedback and once we've got one video looking good, then making the others should be easier. I would leave out the TTM stuff for now though.

The next step would be to make a test video, but obviously it's down to one of you guys to do that. If someone could do that based on the ideas you posted in post #22, then that would get us off to a start, because then others can give feedback and once we've got one video looking good, then making the others should be easier. I would leave out the TTM stuff for now though.

sounds good steve, this weekend i will try to make a short video, i just suck at video editing so ill try and get a hold of jordan to show me the ropes. Also when school starts about 4 weeks from now i dont know how often i will be able to make a new tutorial.

It'd be easy enough to get a ttm then animate 2 semi-opaque squares over each side to fade out bits so that only the current bit is highlighted

take a look at www.johnny1move.co.uk/scratch to get an idea of my current site and to get an idea of which bits you want. At the minut it's like a scratch wiki in it's own right so it'd need a bit of tweaking to get it into the forum

if this is all we are wanting as far as animating the TTM, then, youre right, that wouldnt be a problem.

i was picturing something more advanced... like what they show on the Scratch Documentary... ("Scratchin.. Scra--Chin-Chin-Chin")

Where are you going to upload it mate? There's no point uploading the vids to YouTube before all of the editing/titling is done.

The people involved in this need to communicate, or this is going to fall flat on its arse. lol. If Jordan is going to edit the files and add text and stuff, then people making vids need to pass them over to him. Once he has one done, that can be posted as an example, then anyone else that wants to get involved will know the format that the vids have to take.

my plan was sort of just do a test video full stop.

its not so much based on the structure of what we're doing, more just showing you the quality of the webcam im using.

just incase its not really gonna b any good.

was just gonna pop it on youtube for now, then take it down after i know it makes the grade or not.

if everyone is happy, i'll do some proper vids and send them to jordan or whoever needs them.

EDIT:

Sorry about this Steve and others involved. i dont think im gonna be of much help for a tutorial, regarding the videos anyway.

i just did another test video and the cam seems clear enough, espcially going slow. but the problem came when getting a good clean angle. as i got an imac, the stupid cam is stuck in the top of the screen and there is next to no give when angling the screen down to my mixer. i have a nice clean side shot, but that mainly just shows my record hand and u cant even see the fader hand at all. the other one is abit more at an angle but again its too far away from my fader hand to get a nice look, esp if ur trying to learn it. and i know the we were trying to get something different with the angles.

Sorry if i've wasted anyones time.

im still planning on putting some cutting vids up very soon as for a showcase as it doesnt really matter how close u get for that stuff, but as for tutorials, i just dont think im gona be any help.

let me know if theres anything else i can do tho, i'll still try and help out as much as i can.

.. whenever i see that the vids are uploaded i can immediately begin with the titles.

pm me or email me, jordan.peck@gmail.com.

we will most likely just need to video(s) to be uploaded to a share site.

may be best if someone is registered so we can make the share private.

keep me posted.

hey jordan i wasnt able to get really good angles cuz i dont have my tripod with me atm. I am going to try and re do the video next week ill PM you with a link to the file

sounds good. the titles wont take long. i already have an idea of how i want to do them.

be sure to include any info needed

Have any of you guys managed to sort anything out? There's people interested in this and I'm convinced it'll bring in new members (it already has, even though the content isn't there yet), so don't feel like it's all for nothing.