What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

The last two vinyl i bought we Alix Perez - Chroma Chords Special box set & today my The D.O.T - Diary Limited Edition coloured vinyl showed up.

my list for singles is getting quite long tho so wanna try and tick some of those off this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

that's quite a cover.

I just got Black Liberation Dub by Mad Professor, some wicked tunes including this

and I also got a copy of Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires, which it turnes out had a bunch of cocks and boobs drawn on the cover.

and I got some 7"s and 10"s from an excellent shop called Dub Vendor in london. really nice dude who runs it.

Guest Symatic

that empire jazz seems proper rare, the imperial march is amazing.

rockwell i got Bob James Two and it has a stamp saying promo only. does that make it any fancier for collectors or is it pretty standard?

The Imperial March is good, but also just about the only bit that's recognisable as being from star wars.

Re: Bob James 2 - probably not worth any more.

It's a bit of a generalisation, but usually there are three levels of promo. First off there's the white label test pressing which is usually the most valuable variant (particulary if it's a different cut to the final commmercial issue), then sometimes you get an issue with a proper printed label with different label design (colour, big red 'A' on Parlophone/Columbia 45s, etc), then you get normal commercial issues with either 'Factory Sample' stickers on them and/or a 'Promo Only' stamp - these are basically normal commercial issues that were given away rather than sold. Generally, the first test pressings are the most valuable and the value descends from there. More importantly though, test presses/promo are usually only worth something decent if there are of an already valuable album or if they are a very rare variant of a a collectable mainstream artist (like the Japanese test pressing of a Kate Bush album I got £90 for). Nerdy, collectable genres like prog rock will often place higher value on unusual variants and test pressings- about three months back I got £260 for a white label test press of Genesis 'Trick of the Tail'... this price was possibly inflated further as the stamper numbers were T1-1/T1-1, suggesting the very first test pressing - in less tragic/nerdy genres, details like this would make little or no difference.

• Like 1