What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

Wax - yeah a few good bits. I'll post up a couple of YouTube links tonight once I get home and I'm not on my phone.

d00b - I'd have to get famous for something first! I don't have enough records either. Speaking of my records though, they're all at the studio at the minute and if we do the next SSS down here I might leave them there til then so you can have a browse (and partly cos they look quite pretty down there!).

Re: the previous discussion about max price paid for records. I'd have to say about £30ish if we're talking about cold hard cash from my pocket. I've definitely had much more expensive things against credit at work though, but that's not real money. Plus, I've had plenty of gems for free or very little from work, so if I get something more expensive it sort of evens out.

Wax - sorry it took so long.

The Enoch Light LPs have stuff like this plus a load of bits that would be good for samples. Brace yourself for the synth on Walk On By ;)

The MFSB sounds like this.

http://youtu.be/mVpPBEwQ6KY

The Damu one's got this and other good classic sounding hip hop instrumental beats.

And the Pinchas Zukerman has quite a famous violin sample on it.

Sick, the Enoch Light stuff sounds great, I've a couple of Alan Tew records a bit on that tip, one with a great pink panther cover and the other a nice I want you back

I've never had much luck with philly soul save for a couple of bits - mostly weak disco stuff...

I don't like much Philly stuff either, although I did once get a nice drum break off an MFSB record.

The Enoch Light's were a bit of a find. That Spaced Out one I got seems to be a bit of a cult record with loads of it up on youtube, etc.

It's hard to find good easy records, but when you do they can be great. Like the Alan Tew's you mention.

My dad got me Neil Young's newest original album-Psychedelic Pill. I'm not much of a Neil Young fan TBH but I really like the album so far. Double disc. Some of the songs are SUPER looooong tho. But that's not bad. It strangely reminds me of a proto-Sonic Youth album. The way the melody interweaves haphazardly. It's pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...