The perfect album

texas pete

I am just wondering if anyone has actually found a perfect music album yet?

I find that no matter how much i like a group or an artist, I always find 1 or a few songs that I just dont like and always skip past it.

The closest I got was moseley shoals by Ocean Colour Scene, but 40 past midnight buggered that one up for me...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few... the first B52s album... Mad Professor - Evolution Of Dub: Black Liberation Dub, Chapter 3... First Cars album... there r a couple others I can listen thru all the way but not many... The Love Movement and maybe De La Soul is Dead are the only hiphop ones off the top of my head...

Entroducing for me . .

Might have to go with this too. I've played it so much now but it still hits home every time I listen.

I've found that I find albums at different stages of my life where I can listen to tracks the whole way through to every track and love each one and still listen back later even if I stop listening to that type of music regularly.

A couple of years ago I would have said Team Sleep's self titled album.

Before that perhaps The Battle of Los Angeles by Rage Against the Machine

Maybe Portishead- Dummy? but now i can't listen to all of that anymore because I've listened to it so much...

I don't have many hiphop or dance music albums I can listen the whole way through to just because I'm quite picky with my tastes when it comes down to production, but maybe both of Burial's albums? I can still listen to 2tall's Shifting Tides album the whole way through without skipping anything as well, but I wouldn't call that a perfect album, just a very good album that I like the whole way through.

Everything has its imperfections :p

Funkadelic - Funkadelic

Jimmy Hnedrix - Rainbow Bridge OST

Nas - Illmatic

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

Parliament - Rhenium/Osmium

Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda

Dred Scott - Breakin Combs

There are probably a few more, These are the ones I can think of off hand. I consider all these albums to be perfect!

Phantazmagorea is dope that still doesnt get any skips.

On a completely different tip... Average White Band - Feel No Fret.

I also really like One Be Lo - S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.

Another Hip Hop One, Smiff'n'Wessun - Dah Shinin.

Dunno if they are perfect but they come the closes for me.

Funkadelic - Funkadelic

Nas - Illmatic

There are probably a few more, These are the ones I can think of off hand. I consider all these albums to be perfect!

Dang son--I didn't know u were a funkateer!

P-funk is likely my fav band... but neither of those albums would be on my list... the two albums I'd most prefer to listen to all the way thru are Hydraulic Funk (AKA Urban Dancefloor Guerillas) and Dope Dogs.

Another album I could jam all the way is Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Style (GC produced it!)

Pogues - Rum, Sodomy and the Lash

The Smiths - The Queen is dead

Streets - Original Pirate Material

Frank Zappa - One size fits all

For me the closest hip hop albums would be Paul's Boutique and 3 feet high. Oh and Run-DMC's 1st one

i know i have a couple, but i cant remember them from the top of my head.

one that springs to mind recently is pearl & the beard (that group that got mixed reactions from the will smith medly) i bought their album to check it out and listened thru it a few times in a row and still listen to it very regularly.

Air - Moon Safari

Supergrass - In It For The Money

i don't know that i'd describe a lot of these as perfect albums, but they're albums with no skippers. In terms of perfect albums i'd think of things where the album is more than the sum of it's parts and it has a good flow start to finish. In those terms, Pet Sounds and Dark Side Of The Moon do it for me. I like a good listen to Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper every once in a while too.

In terms of perfect albums i'd think of things where the album is more than the sum of it's parts and it has a good flow start to finish.

Agreed with that. It's not necessarily one where you have just good tunes but one which makes the bad tunes seem good. Otherwise why not just go with greatest hits. I always say a good album is one where you automatically link the intro of the next racks to the outro of the previous one. Like when the track goes off you're head's expecting the next one to kick in.

Funkadelic - Funkadelic

Nas - Illmatic

Dang son--I didn't know u were a funkateer!

P-funk is likely my fav band... but neither of those albums would be on my list... the two albums I'd most prefer to listen to all the way thru are Hydraulic Funk (AKA Urban Dancefloor Guerillas) and Dope Dogs.

Another album I could jam all the way is Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Style (GC produced it!)

I like to do the loose booty! ;) They are the best band of all time! I prefer their earlier stuff obviously but I like every LP they have done under the P-Funk umbrella GC on his own or some of the post 84 efforts with colabs I don't count!

Some fuckin strange music ya'll are saying I'm not going to name names but wow!

Also Fuck Off Jimmy you festering gym sock!