WD40 on Cross-fader Y/N?

djdj

there's a lot of extra circuitry that the mixer uses to work with the magnetic fader. To put a magnetic fader in a mixer where a normal pcv fader would be requires that extra circuitry, likely some differenct pcb's and wiring.

Guest Mike Reezy

I lube my contacts, and I have never had any problems. I am also not worried about it since PBX said he lubes the contacts on all his faders.

How do you break a fader stem? Just from hiting it too hard against the side? I hope that doesnt ever happen to me./ I have only had my gear for bout 2 years tho, so I should be good for a while.

I need to practice more. Damnit!

I lube my contacts, and I have never had any problems. I am also not worried about it since PBX said he lubes the contacts on all his faders.

How do you break a fader stem? Just from hiting it too hard against the side? I hope that doesnt ever happen to me./ I have only had my gear for bout 2 years tho, so I should be good for a while.

I need to practice more. Damnit!

I lube the contacts too.

I've broken a couple of fader stems in the past on shit mixers (not mine thankfully!). The fader stems on Ecler Pro faders are fat though.

• 1 month later...
I always use WD40.  Never had a days bother.

Chemically speaking, WD40 will eat up the plastic portion of your fader(s). WD40 are not recommended for plastic applications and will generally eat up any plastic material. Caig lube droplets were designed for plastic-on-metal contact. Some have never encountered WD40 eating the plastic part of their faders. I lubed my vestax 07 upfaders with wd40 because it's metal-to-metal contact on the rails but never my rane 56.