Serato getting crappy signal

d00ban

ok ok i appreciate the effort man, I should practice one table mixing your right.

... by the way who was who was going on about servicing their own tables all the time? I was wondering if its hard.... all i want to do is put some new phono cables in ... may be some nicer ones or something

i think it was mr ed

... dunno why im putting all the dots, kinda train of thought kinda thing

ok ok i appreciate the effort man, I should practice one table mixing your right.

... by the way who was who was going on about servicing their own tables all the time? I was wondering if its hard.... all i want to do is put some new phono cables in ... may be some nicer ones or something

i think it was mr ed

... dunno why im putting all the dots, kinda train of thought kinda thing

you ever soldered before? can you use a screwdriver? if so it's a piece of piss, in fact there's some vids on youtube to help...

word of advice tho, get an electric screw driver because undoing all the 35 or so screws (unless it a new fangled mk5 model) is a fucking bitch.

cool cool sounds good, not soldered since school but i got a mate who i can get to give us a hand i reckon.

what wires you wanna put in? i hear you can get ones that mean you dont need the ground wire any more. you know anything about that?

what wires you wanna put in? i hear you can get ones that mean you dont need the ground wire any more. you know anything about that?

It's not that hard, basically you take the ground wire and solder it to the same place as the outer wires from one of the audio leads. Supposedly it might not work with some mixers but I've yet to fine one it doesn't work with (works fine with serato btw).

I want to do the internal ground (earth).

well diggz you've just won the best american award for acknowledging that it's called earth not 'ground'. from me, no less- so i assume you're extra chuffed :p

and foly i sincerely doubt you care but i love your luddite arse just as much as all these other people i've never met on here, just in case riding on you for a few posts made you wonder x

It's not that hard, basically you take the ground wire and solder it to the same place as the outer wires from one of the audio leads. Supposedly it might not work with some mixers but I've yet to fine one it doesn't work with (works fine with serato btw).

sweet, will have to look at that when i open em up i guess to know exactly what you mean

love this place for useful information!

cheers x

(that was an X as in X2k not a kiss)

xxx (they were kisses)

I hate it when clubs have chopped off the ground hooks on technics decks so it's just a cable to thread through the mixer often leading to nasty serato problems. As long as one of the decks works I'm fine. Unless i'm doing juggles i only ever mix on one deck in serato. instant doubles + internal deck= love

another foolproof way to remove the earthing issue from techs would be to connect it to the earth loop in the the transformer.

Yes and no, if the turntable and the mixer were earthed to the same power socket then this would be fine however if not or in the case of mixers which aren't earth (ones with external powersupplies) then it could even be detrimental to the situation.

I can't watch that vid cos I'm at work so I don't know how good it is but seriously it's a fucking doddle to do, if you're not confident just find a mate with the tiniest bit of electrical/soldering knowledge and you should be all good. If not then go and pay a local repair guy some vast sums of money and hope they don't totally fuck it up for you.

I want to do the internal ground (earth).

well diggz you've just won the best american award for acknowledging that it's called earth not 'ground'. from me, no less- so i assume you're extra chuffed :p

:8

what do you reckon about fitting one of those plates that make it possible to remove the cables from the deck itself?

My mate did something like that himself although that looks quite a bit easier, it's probably a good idea but it depends on how much you move them about, if they're just sat at home all the time then probably no need but if you're taking them out alot then probably a good idea.

Also I'm not sure with those plates but bear in mind you might need phone cables with L connectors on the end so that they fit under the turntables with those.

what do you reckon about fitting one of those plates that make it possible to remove the cables from the deck itself?

My mate did something like that himself although that looks quite a bit easier, it's probably a good idea but it depends on how much you move them about, if they're just sat at home all the time then probably no need but if you're taking them out alot then probably a good idea.

Also I'm not sure with those plates but bear in mind you might need phone cables with L connectors on the end so that they fit under the turntables with those.

yeah im always moving em and i got cases for em but i think thays why they got nackered, think im gonna go for the plate idea - getting L wires is no biggie.

nice one tom you sorted me out proper mate!