Serato getting crappy signal

d00ban

any one experienced this?

im starting to encounter it quite a lot recently and its a pretty big issue when you think about it.

so, even tho i can get an analog signal through the system and hear music just fine, through the same set up serato doesnt always work. It can be either a crappy connection at the needles, or the wires need fiddling around with at all the phono inputs ... sometimes the turntables at clubs just have dodgy leads and need servicing ... only they dont because they work fine with normal analog setup.

what the crap signal results in without going in to to much detail is the song playing reaaaalllllyyyy slowly and crackly ... just sounds like shit. basically you dont get a full circle in the set up screen. its a real ball ache and could essentially be a night killer or result in you having to work in internal mode - which just sucks in comparison.

seems like the serato team really arent that bothered about this from what ive read, even tho it seems like quite a common issue. this is my only real problem ive encountered with serato but it seems like a pretty big one to me.

if they did something where they could sync using either the left or the right only i'd assume it wouldn't be a massive task, and that would help a lot with this.

I might be well wrong though.

I used my mate's serato a few months back in a club where one of the decks had dodgy RCAs. I didn't know what was going on as i barely ever use serato. As a precaution i had records ready in case i couldn't mix in with it, and if i was able to play/mix an mp3 ok on that deck, i'd switch to internal as soon as i'd finished mixing.

For serato to work you need the left and the right channel to work and both channels to be setup in the correct phase. Taking your own carts could certainly eliminate the possibility of some bellend wiring up the headshells wrong but if the audio cables are fucked or have been "fixed" by a total arseclunge then there's not much you can do about it. For these situations it's worth learning how to mix on serato using just 1 turntable.

Tom stop being such a fuckin melt and change my name back. I'm only fuckin about you could have just pm ed me. Lesson learned you know I love this board.

Sorry to everyone for being an arse clunge. I will never mention it again.

I both doubt that and hope not! That's what I love about ya, you ole beta-max sonovabitch!

Tom stop being such a fuckin melt and change my name back. I'm only fuckin about you could have just pm ed me. Lesson learned you know I love this board.

Hahahahahahaha he won't change it mate, i'm still listed as KNOB and that was probably a good 6 months ago now!

I both doubt that and hope not! That's what I love about ya, you ole beta-max sonovabitch!

Yeh looks like its worn thin dirk and I can understand that so I won't bother. Cheers though mate its all in jest any ways

Chill out mate, I'd don't give a fuck about you're views on serato, I only responded because I wanted to give ball bearing a test run.

It's true I changed your name but it was not my decision to do so, the orders came from elsewhere.

I only responded because I wanted to give ball bearing a test run. :(( :(( :(( :((

It's true I changed your name but it was not my decision to do so, the orders came from elsewhere.

:| :| :| :|

ah well I guess your not going to give me the name of that person.......if its steve then im fine with it as he is god, if its anyone else especially MATTNICE then I have other feelings about it (FULL HOMO)!

thanks anyway tom, sorry if I get a bit annoying to everyone else!

haha, when i saw this i was '2 pages, sweet there'll definately be some useful information' ... how wrong i was to get my hopes up, i shoulda learnt by now tho i guess ...... any way im not dissapointed coz theres been some gold .... arseclunge is definately getting added to the vocab

i think im gonna either service / get my TT's serviced and hopefully thatll sort the issues out.

thanks anyway tom, sorry if I get a bit annoying to everyone else!

fuggedaboudit....we can all be a bit of a soup ladle from time to time.

haha, when i saw this i was '2 pages, sweet there'll definately be some useful information' ... how wrong i was to get my hopes up, i shoulda learnt by now tho i guess ...... any way im not dissapointed coz theres been some gold .... arseclunge is definately getting added to the vocab

Erm excuse me, I think you'll find I was posting some extremely useful infomation when I used the term arseclunge