Who here only uses Vinyl still?

mattnice

I got Torq at home. But if ever I get a gig, I turn up with vinyl only. 1st because I don't got too much digi-files (still buy records) and 2nd the converting takes time (got over 5000 records). I also bought a audio technica needle in the hope, that my converted vinyl-wav's sound better than most stuff you can steal from the net.

But honestly I think when I'm mixing vinyl that "less is more". I tend to be more creative, when I freestyle during my mixing (nothing predetermined). And the request having people are more understandable, if you tell them that you haven't got requested track on vinyl. Plus I strong as f..., so no problems with my back ;-)

So for how long d'you use serato now Matt? Half a year? D'you got the TTM57sl?

I don't use vinyl, CDs, laptops or digital data. I'm hooked up to ScratchLiveFive - the next generation neural DJ app. I have a wireless implant in my cortex and I simply think music and it comes out of the speakers. I'm mixing 27 decks at once and can bust 50 click swing gerbil flirps on every deck - all with effects and video. It's just kind of annoying because when I'm daydreaming about sexy ladies, it all appears on screen. Rather embarrassing really.

I don't use vinyl, CDs, laptops or digital data. I'm hooked up to ScratchLiveFive - the next generation neural DJ app. I have a wireless implant in my cortex and I simply think music and it comes out of the speakers. I'm mixing 27 decks at once and can bust 50 click swing gerbil flirps on every deck - all with effects and video. It's just kind of annoying because when I'm daydreaming about sexy ladies, it all appears on screen. Rather embarrassing really.

LOL

@ Arkei--I used to do that... I just fully got over my fear of serato crashing this past year and am really glad I did. I think it also took a while to build up enuf mp3s that I genuinely wanted to play. Also all my vinyl is stuff I like, but nobody else seems too... oldies, 90s hiphop and stuff like that.

I never have to mix longer than an hour if at all and otherwise I'm doin showcase type sets with Vinyl only...I hate cutting with digital samples (especially AHHHHH's etc) just because I find the accuracy I can get with analog I simply can't get with serato...maybe I'm anal about it (no homo) but I don't like the latency for scratching on a digital format.

- V

Vinyl only.

If you think Serato is as good as the real thing then you're probably not that good with the real thing... or your hearing's starting to go.

;)

no im not a gayer

I'd like to be the first to question that matt you total digital, posing, i phone having, down(load)syndrome, tight jean, gel wearing, moisturising, dj dicuss lookalike poof!

Sorry dis but it had to be said you x factor watching, girls just as friends having, political revolutionary opinion having, geordie homo!

Fuck serato its total SHITE!

Right now im gonna promise you all I will never mention any of this again!