Fader wars on Skratchworx

Steve

maybe he did further down the page

He did.........

Watch yourself here. We added a thermal fuse which protects both the Innofader and the mixer in case you connect it backwards. We also isolated the metal case from the internal Innofader circuit so it won't smoke circuits like the one used in the Xone:02 which use negative power. You haven't been a part of the Innofader design so you don't need to keep ranting about a prototype you saw 9 months ago. And FYI any analog fader hooked up wrong can short out a mixer's power supply.

Lol that thread has got way out of hand. I think a more classic look would be better for the mixer. Glad to see it has EQ faders rather than knobs. That's one of the reasons i love the 07 so you can cut with the mid EQ fader if you want.

Some of the customer service from PXF sounds really sketchy!

When's the Innofader expected to be released? I'm still using an unmodded pmc crossfader on my 07.

The Innofader is released already in the US. On AA's site, the UK stockists are listed as Chemical Records, HTFR, Dolphin Music and Ultimate Dance Music, although none of them have any stock yet. Strangely, the UK distributor is listed as Ebsel Pro Audio, makers of the Pro X Fade.

If you import from the US, an Innofader will cost you £65 plus shipping and any import tax/VAT.

a lot of hot air about some really insignificant shit.

how many people when actually djing in front of a large crowd fucking care about the feel of a faceplate.. let alone the fader, me as long as it cuts i'll cut a bit, if not, no harm done.

people scrabbling for the last few scraps of money left in the dj equipment industry. sad

• 2 weeks later...

Thats funny, seems like the problem with the 02 wasnt fixed. Spelunk @ skratchlounge:

I just got my innofader in the mail yesterday and I've been trying for the past hour to get the thing to work properly in my A&H Xone 02. Maybe I'm missing something, but I followed the instructions carefully, got the green light so no adapter board...plugged it in and now when I move the fader it has no affect on the sound - no cut at all. When I rotate the curve adjust on the front of my mixer, it basically turns the innofader into a strange linefader where one end is silent and the other is loud.

Curve and cut-in are both set to 6 o'clock.

Help!

Alright I think something is now messed up with my mixer cause I plugged the P&G fader back in and I get the same crazy problems. GREAT.

Yeah, it sounds like there may be an issue with that particular mixer, because other people are posting about how great it is in their mixers: -

http://www.skratchlounge.com/index.php?showtopic=5504

Also, that guy says he got the green light, but the reply from Eliott Marx suggests it should give a red light and therefore you need the adaptor board. I guess user error is a possibility too.

thats true... however if i were that guy and saw that the xone:02 was in the compatible mixer list, the adaptor board was giving me a green light and saw that marx said that he fixed the issue, id probably proceed to install it just like him.

either way, id like to give it a try. i cant imagine any fader being better than the infinium in the scratchbox. i like that the innofader has a closed design where as the infinium is completely open for dust to enter though.

It's strange that the Innofader wouldn't plug and play in an 02. Perhaps there are under the hood changes between batches of 02s that make a big difference.

I have a prototype and production Innofader and I see no need to swap out the Infinium on my Scratchbox.

If you want to try the Innofader, the roadshow is coming to the BPM show.