WTF is this guy doing in his DMC set?

Steve

im guessing it has something to do with what ever he placed on the side of the turntable.

nah, it's nothing to do with that, thats for the next trick....as far as I can tell he's tapping the turntable and making the needle jump up and down or something but I'm still totally baffled as to what is really going on :(

Yeah, I'm deffo right because when he goes through record the voice is repeating and skipping but the other sounds are playing through normally. Also when he slows right down for a couple of taps it looks like he's trying to keep his tapping in sync with the effect rather that creating the effect. And finally there's the 2 warm it up kanes at the beginning then he goes into the effect, then he winds back to the beginning and lets to 2 play again then stops it...you never hear it normally beyond that point.

The guy is all about props and show, that's just a trick...cheating bastard!

Mysterio's bugged. He 's a sort of DJ magician so yeah there's a bit of trickery going on. Like that thing he did in '98 US where he put three copies of the magnificent on the turntable and ripped them all off one by one onto the transform sample - it took me ages to figure out what was going on.

I like him. He's entertaining at least.

More here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zw1oAFgaMA

• 3 years later...