DV BATTLE 08 FILES

x2k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to hear the entries folks. i couldn't do this for the same reason i couldn't do the group mix. hopefully i should be getting new for old in a few days. it would be my luck they'll fix it, my applecare would of course be voided, so the problems i wanted them to look at will never be fixed and i will be left with a cracked, stained, noisy piece of crap. that would be my luck.

anyway i voted, good luck everyone

damn these beats are nice.

i like to hear beat comps because it's so interesting to hear the different ish that people come up with from the same samples.

i just got an MPC1k and made a rough beat using the sample pack and my shit sounds so wack compared to the beats provided.

haven't voted yet because i want to give the entries a few more listens.

I just listened to them all. Good shit doods!

1 is a bit too much of a mish mash of styles for me - not so much of a cohesive track. Loving 2! Really well put together. Nice cuts in 3 and I liked what you did with the samples. 4 is funky as fuck with some very good scratching. I like the way the bass and horns go together in 5 - another funky tune. The change up in the middle is cool too. 6 didn't hold my interest as well as the others (sorry!).

I'm in two minds about which way to vote. 4 is mad funky and the scratching is really good, but I think I'm gonna go with 2 because the production was very good and you used the samples to good effect. Props to all the competitors though!

We should make some more collab tracks on here.

I'm in two minds about which way to vote. 4 is mad funky and the scratching is really good, but I think I'm gonna go with 2 because the production was very good and you used the samples to good effect. Props to all the competitors though!

couldn't of put it better myself!