Words of Wisdom.

Dice

I'm not a beginner in scratching at this stage, but out of curiosity, if you could give one piece of advice to new/beginning/novice scratchers, what would it be?

Spend more time with the basics getting a good flow rather than trying to learn the more complex techniques! I didn't do this and I hate myself for it.

Failing that, visit my blog :d

keep it funky, whatever you do

its easy to get obsessed with technique and do really dry static scratching...don't worry about techniques too much, less complex scratching can often sound better

which i guess is exactly what x2kizzle said when he officially betterised this thread

Yeah I agree, when I started out I just wanted to jump into the complex stuff, running before I could walk. Schoolboy error.

Don't waste ur time... ;)

Try and scratch and learn from others... study people and ask questions.

But above all: It doesn't matter if you can do it, it's can you do it well. I love watching OG DJs kill it just chirping all night--but fast and sharp as fuck!

I've heard that XXL clothes from brands such as 'Ecko' 'Fubu' and 'zoo york' to name a few, are 'dope'. Also I heard that impersonating African American's is essential to the experience...

.. dont even bother probably - learn something cool like the bass guitar :o

actually you have a point....it's a fucking waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...
Get a slick hairstyle. Possibly the all cut forwad to give a thickend fringe effect, then thin out the back and shave to a wedge. Will shape your face nicely and give a cutting edge fashion look.

Fantastic advice.

10/10

• 1 month later...

the rules are thus.

dont copy anybody.

study the basics.

as you progress try cutting to different speeds of beat.

share anything you learn with others ( it will come back 10 fold).

dont expect money or pussy or respect. beacause you wont make money an girls hate broke kids! and the general public are as thick as shite and dont know a good thing when they see it!

POW!