DV BATTLE 08 - INFO & RULES

x2k

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may just have a crack at this .. if i get something in by 27th April, consider me a contestant...

first myspace and now this! Jordan! What, you got stuff to do in the "real" world??

yeah, im moving back home.

going to be gone for the next week. then i come back to prep my move. then move. then job hunt.

such a cruel world!

im burnt out on music these days anyway. i may need a break.

still mixin tho. just havnt really touched the beats.

mines done :) where do i send it?

Upload it some where and pm me the link mate...so far it looks like you're probably going to be the winner by default, I've not heard a bleep from anyone else.

can i use a different clean 'fresh' sample from a vinyl (from the 'this beat is fresh- fresh' sample)? the one provided is a teeny bit distorted. if not it's cool

I'll have my entry in on time :)

can i use a different clean 'fresh' sample from a vinyl (from the 'this beat is fresh- fresh' sample)? the one provided is a teeny bit distorted. if not it's cool

Hell no!

Hell no!

just re-read the rules:

'4) Scratching is allowed, but only with supplied samples, this means if you do not have a DVS but you have one of the submitted samples on a you may record scratches using your copy on vinyl, you must not however use any part of the sample which is not supplied in the competition sample pack.'

Wooooop!

Cheetin! I quit in protest!

lmao :((

how's your beat coming together mate?

Well, I've had that one drum sample looped for about a month.... and that's it. I still need to chop a lot of the samples... gonna basically do everything tomorrow night. I thought we had till the 28th.

I hope we have got til the 28th - cos i've got a dilemma.

Got back from portugal yesterday, took my laptop with but gave my mate the power pack as its fairly heavy and i was overloading mycase. He was supposed to give it back to me when we landed although we both totally forgot and he gone back home now. I had almost finished it n all - did it pool side chillin.

Seeing him on monday tho when we hook up for the P E gig at manchester.

Hate to be diggin out excuses but it's the truth ruth!

Even though these are shit excuses if no one objects I may move the deadline to the 28th? Would be good to get a few more entries in.

Anyone object?

Yeah cmon do it.

My excuse is genuine. I can't turn my lappy on at all. The only option i have is to stick the HD in someone elses laptop, which i gonna ask mrdee, when he wakes up!! :rolleyes:

Plus its bank holiday!! PAAAARTY!!