I can't scratch! (anymore)

Dan

i've been mixing a lot lately and haven't had a cut for a few months, so today i hooked the hak back up to have a go and it's gone! record control sucks, timing, fader control it's just gone! now i've never claimed to be a great scratcher but i wasn't bad, now i really fucking suck! i don't get it???

Man I haven't gone for more than like a week without cutting for years and my skills go up and down randomly still, no control over it. How long did you cut for? For me I need a good warm up to get any funk, control and speed to my cuts. Makes it harder still when there's peeps who have been cutting for like a year and already completely rinse me. Ah well. All about practice though I guess.

Do what I do when that happens...start practicing 5 hrs a day for several months until your hands are totally buggered. Then have a moment of realisation that even after all that practice that you still can't cut for shit and never will be able to. Then have a second realisation that after focusing on just scratching for the last year you've also forgotten how to mix. Next get a bit depressed about it, finally logon to DV and call someone a faggot to make yourself feel better then proceed to start the whole process again.

Of course that's just my approach, it might work differently for you :d

Do what I do when that happens...start practicing 5 hrs a day for several months until your hands are totally buggered. Then have a moment of realisation that even after all that practice that you still can't cut for shit and never will be able to. Then have a second realisation that after focusing on just scratching for the last year you've also forgotten how to mix. Next get a bit depressed about it, finally logon to DV and call someone a faggot to make yourself feel better then proceed to start the whole process again.

Of course that's just my approach, it might work differently for you :d

your a faggot! ;)

happens to us all mate, and i totally agree with broma, nothing pisses me off more when a n00b whose been scratching for like 8 months totally pwns me on the cut. grrrrr

im so close to quit this shit

your joking right?

nah..haven´t scratched much in the last weeks. usually when my motivation is down like this i watch videos and stuff. but in the last time even videos give me no motivation.

your joking right?

nah..haven´t scratched much in the last weeks. usually when my motivation is down like this i watch videos and stuff. but in the last time even videos give me no motivation.

same here. i trust it will come back to me though. i hope

your joking right?

was checking that i-net battle file you posted up again, you're sick on the cut, so don't quit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i started scratching again

i bought some more records and shit to piss around with may be try that?

ive found its loopers that make it boring to cut (for me any way)

i do better scratching when i scratch to instrumentals or songs... coz theres more to go off and add variety to.

thats just me tho. and i still suck too!

get some new beats? try doing diferent stuff? i got bored and had a 2 year break, got tierd of just cutting over qbert beats, and beein a hard core hiphop fan, got tierd of it all, and started listening to bonobo, amon tobin and other ninja tune artist, and found my love back.