what other genres do you guys spin

kiqbaq

kper what sort of dnb u play...i like the downtempo sort of stuff (v:recordings)

i enjoy listening to blues a lot (robert johnson, bb king, hendrix) ive gone off metal but still like rage.

i hate listening to hard house, which a few years back i couldnt get enough..it bores now.. very repetitive and tuneless (sound like my old man)

for breakbeats i use city16.com although they havent had any new stuff in recently. and www.3beat.co.uk which is they better of the 2. but make sure you ask to have whatever you deliver posted at the same time. if not they send them as they get hold of them..which can b pretty expensive (£2 p&p a time). i have used http://www.quadrastate.co.uk/ which have been great as well.

oh yeah and get adam freeland fabric live album and james lavelle on global underground (although most of it is his work (unkle) or meat katie's its still very good)

Edited by rygon

I listen to a lot of different stuff. Paul Van Dyk, Oakenfold, Tiesto, Biggie, 2PAC, Old-School R&B/Hip-Hop. (just a sample of the stuff I listen to).

i spin hip-hop, drum n bass and im starting to get into breaks aswell. also, classic stuff like the police, hendix, dylan etc is always nice to just listen and relax to. it's always good to play a variety of genres. in my opinion purism is bollocks.

i used to mix drum n bass

but my bro bought a new set of decks and nicked all my dnb reks! :48_48:

i stashed the best ones tho :)

i mix hip-hop, breaks (got to be funky) and the occaisionly dnb

im focusin more on my cuts and production now tho so no got time for practicin mixes

• 1 year later...
Guest sirchickski

Mine are:

Rock, Blues, Jazz, Fusion, Beepop, Progressive, Experimental, Metal, Heavy Metal, Heavy Rock, Country, Modern Rock, few others but not into them as much as those^

Downtempo can be just as ill to mix.

you have to be in the mood tho, guess thats the same with any sort of music tho

You must like slayer and slipknot then :p

i do like a bit of the knot i have to say, i have their djs tour records which are dope. I wudnt say theyre every day easy listening tho. although their subliminal verses album is hella nice

Oh jeez...

For the most part I spin hip hop, but I've been building up my collection of classics (i.e. michael jackson) and funky shit. In the long run, I wanna be like Jazzy Jeff, ready to rock any crowd anywhere.

Also, I really want to get into broken beat, but I currently have no outlet for it and its quite not cheap. At least w/ hip hop I get a lot of promos and shit free, or worst care scenario i pay $6. Most EDM records are like $10 for some reason and I simply can't part with my money that easily.

sometimes i dont even mix.

ill stop a record in the middle of a song and play the next track starting at a random spot.. i try to make sure the beats are even close to being matched..

i scratch as much as i can when there's vocals in a song..

i make sure when im scratching the volume and the highs are pretty loud.

it really keeps the crowd in deep thought.

I'm working on an all ciara set. It'll bring all the ladies and all the dudes will go get piss ass drunk at the bar so everybody wins & I get the most $$$ at the end of the night!

P.S. New Ciara + Chamillionaire = HEAT

i mix oldskool rave move than I scratch/mix hip-hop these days

<<<check the pic :)

I have quite a good collection of rave/drum & bass from 92-96. I mostly mix Hip Hop & breaks but occasionally I will make a house or old skool cd for one of my mates. I still really enjoy mixing tunes but have sort of become semi-obsessed by learning to cut as best I can.