your first hip hop or music memory?

that guy from P.A.

i tend to remember the mixtapes more that singles

Ellis Dee, obsession 1993, i still come back to that tape again and again.

hiphop wise it was hiphop don't stop - the greatest, mixed by prime cuts, that got me into hiphop and dj'ing (yes, i'm a n00b)

the cd that first got me into hip hop was essential selection 98 by dave pierce i think (started the mix with jurassic 5 and stetsasonic bizzarely)

the first memory of djing was a program about the DMC on channel 4 i think. all i can remember thinking was 'hahahah look at that man doing funny things with record players!'

As far as scratching goes, I didn't get into it through "conventional" scratch songs.

Crystal Method's "Name of the Game" comes to mind, aswell as being into Limp Bizkit and such (hey, I was 13 at the time), it wasn't until I saw the X-Ecutioners on TV that I saw what was making all those cool wiki-wiki noises.

aquemini for me (i know im a late bloomer)

i had listened to some hip hop before that but mostly garbage, outkast got me to appreciate more consciene hip hop and i always liked dre's cuts even though he was probably using a switch but i didn't get into cutting til much later on account of my boy smyrx gettin' a table, so i guess he would have to be my BIGGEST influence

that went off on a litle tangent there, im baked out of my tree right ow sorry

As far as scratching goes, I didn't get into it through "conventional" scratch songs.

aswell as being into Limp Bizkit and such (hey, I was 13 at the time), it wasn't until I saw the X-Ecutioners on TV that I saw what was making all those cool wiki-wiki noises.

probably the same. Bizkit were the first band to get me really excited about music, i again was of a young age, 12 i think. then i got into turntables through the x-ecutioners and linkin park 'it's going down' track, wasn't for a few years that I actually bought decks tho...

the first music memory i remember was dancing (!) to MJ and jackson 5 when i was a lil kid.. when MJ was stil pretty black.

the first 'hip hop' memory of mine was 2pac. or maybe even biggie & mase's mo money mo problems. :((

in terms of scratching...

then i got into turntables through the x-ecutioners and linkin park 'it's going down' track, wasn't for a few years that I actually bought decks tho...

and when i bought the built from scratch album i knew thats what i had to do.

i saw the premiere of 'scratch' in sydney later that year, and just got into it further from there.

and now i can actually kinda scratch.. what a life ive lived...

I think it was when I was growing up in the Bronx. My friend Herc was getting frustrated that people would only dance for a short amount of time so I suggested getting 2 copies of the same record and repeating the break. That's how Herc "invented" Hip Hop.

And I was over at Theodore's gaff playing some tracks and I put on Led Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven" and demonstrated the backwards section that says "Here's to my sweet Satan". He got me to do it over and over again and it was just easier for me to pull the record back and forth. That's how Theodore "invented" scratching.

Those are my first memories. But I could be making it up entirely or something.