How is the speed of the forum for you?

Steve

One of the reasons why we're not really cracking on with the update is because the site seems to be intermittently slow. I was working on it last night and it alternated between being stupidly fast and really fucking slow. How's it going for you guys? We need to make sure it's not a hosting problem before we continue with the updates. Why is nothing ever straightforward!?

very slow here too

For the last 3 or 4 hours the site's been flying for me. Faster than the old site. I wonder what the problem could be? I added these entries to my HOSTS file earlier: -

213.171.218.184 www.clownstyle.co.uk

213.171.218.184 clownstyle.co.uk

I'm not sure if that's made the difference or if it's just the time of day.

For the last 3 or 4 hours the site's been flying for me. Faster than the old site. I wonder what the problem could be? I added these entries to my HOSTS file earlier: -

213.171.218.184 www.clownstyle.co.uk

213.171.218.184 clownstyle.co.uk

I'm not sure if that's made the difference or if it's just the time of day.

That should make a difference since those will only be looked up once then they'll be cached on the DNS server you use and on your computer, it could pontentially speed up the first look up but from that point on shouldn't really make a difference.

Site seems fast this morning.

It reminds me of a crack software forum i used to frequent. It was like this, then they mentioned somekind of server upgrade Invision did and you noticed the speed go up a bit.

No way...this other forum gets crack and we only get speed :( link? :p