Easiest way of tranfering my music from pc to mac?

Jon

I have never seen someone succesfully connect 2 computers via one cable. Especially a PC and a MAC. If you get this working Rusty, let me know, I may have to get me one of these cables.

Gabe, I've done this many a time, it's a piece of piss to get working. You just gotta make sure you use a crossover cable if you're link computers directly rather than via a hub/router. Also you'll need to set each computer up with it's own static IP (unless you want to go through the hassle of working out how to set one up as a DHCP server).

Basically you plug one end of the cable into each computer, then you set up the network settings for the network adapter you are using on each computer as follows:

Computer 1:

IP Address: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Computer 2:

IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Then you just right click on the folder you want to share the contents of (on windows) and got properties->sharing and give it a name. Once you've done this you can browse to it via you network neighbourghood (on windows, there's a similar system on os x but I can't remember exactly how it works). Job done.

PS. I may have missed out/cocked up some details but that's the jist lol.

I have never seen someone succesfully connect 2 computers via one cable. Especially a PC and a MAC. If you get this working Rusty, let me know, I may have to get me one of these cables.

Gabe, I've done this many a time, it's a piece of piss to get working. You just gotta make sure you use a crossover cable if you're link computers directly rather than via a hub/router. Also you'll need to set each computer up with it's own static IP (unless you want to go through the hassle of working out how to set one up as a DHCP server).

Basically you plug one end of the cable into each computer, then you set up the network settings for the network adapter you are using on each computer as follows:

Computer 1:

IP Address: 192.168.1.1

Computer 2:

IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Then you just right click on the folder you want to share the contents of (on windows) and got properties->sharing and give it a name. Once you've done this you can browse to it via you network neighbourghood (on windows, there's a similar system on os x but I can't remember exactly how it works). Job done.

PS. I may have missed out/cocked up some details but that's the jist lol.

Word thanks.

Guest sirchickski

yeh mp3's do work on macs. Take itunes for example... runs on macs and windows and converts songs to mp3 format so must be universal.