Easiest way of tranfering my music from pc to mac?

Jon

I just got my macbook in the post and have serato loaded up and want some music to play with :)

I'd like to be able to transfer my entire itunes libary from my pc desktop to the mac then delete tracks i wont use in ssl.

Is it easiest to just copy and paste using a usb key? i dont have an external hardrive

Is there a way i can copy and paste my desktops itunes libary using my ipod other than storing all my itunes tracks twice on the ipod?

with two macs there is an option (i.e. some key you have to press while booting) to start the comp as a firewire HD.

Maybe all you have to do is to start your mac like that and drag& drop from PC to mac. Dunno if a PC can work with this kind of HD though...

Hotline should work just fine. Put the client on one and the server on another.

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?t...otline&tag=srch

I connects macs and PCs easily.

BTW, they don't have to both be networked but they both need to be online.

what does that involve? do u just get a double ended usb and drag and drop so to speak?

No, it just works over the internet. You set up a HL server on one and a HL client on the other, then drag and drop. You use a HTTP protocol. If you mac book is online and I could co0nnect to it with HL from my PC.

never tried it, but im pretty sure you can connect a mac to a pc peer-to-peer using an ethernet cable?shouldn't in theory be hard to set up and transfer speed should be pretty fast

alternatively see if any mate have an external hard drive you could borrow

I have no clue. But hotline will and it is free.

my mac is connected to the net

i'll try using firewire

With hotline you won't need to connect your machines directly, it will transfer them over the net.

I have no clue. But hotline will and it is free.

my mac isnt connected to the net

i'll try using firewire

Oh, you edited.

You could always burn a couple CDs and bring them over, or a DVD.

right, get a cat5 crossover cable, plug it into the ethernet port on the mac and the pc, set up a shared folder on the pc (right click>sharing and security), go to the mac and choose connect to server from the go menu, enter the ip address of your pc (http://whatismyipaddress.com/) and you should be able to see all the files in the folder(s) you shared.

you should setup a network...all you need is a crossover network cable to plug the pc directly into the macbook. The macbook I assume will already have a network card, you're pc might not but they only cost a fiver now anyway. It's deffo worth it!

you should setup a network...all you need is a crossover network cable to plug the pc directly into the macbook. The macbook I assume will already have a network card, you're pc might not but they only cost a fiver now anyway. It's deffo worth it!

I have never seen someone succesfully connect 2 computers via one cable. Especially a PC and a MAC. If you get this working Rusty, let me know, I may have to get me one of these cables.

the program i found is working great, so i might not need such a cable. if i get a new cd i'll just import the files using the cd or a usb key. I only needed a way of transfering a huge amount of data.

the program i found is working great, so i might not need such a cable. if i get a new cd i'll just import the files using the cd or a usb key. I only needed a way of transfering a huge amount of data.

how are you connected?

i downloaded using my desktop. u run a program that just reads of an ipod and lets u save to your itunes folder. so i just imported all tracks.

just a regular ipod connection, im using firewire