post pics of ya new sneaks

mattnice

• 2 weeks later...

We have 6 white guys, a black guy and a mexican guy. Maybe another guy is joining (I think black) since I kicked the ginger off for not showing up because of his "allergies". The team we played was all white but the two teams before us were almost all black.

I don't know what you mean by standard of play but it's full court. We did alright last game. lost 40-55. They killed us on the fast break which is where they got most of their points. We played a 2-3 zone defense which shut em down on the possessions that were not track meets.

I play center/power forward. It was kinda annoying because the other team's only big guy was playing as an outside shooter so I had nobody to bang it up with under the hoop and then they played a loose box-1 zone on defense so nobody to post up down low as they were always outside me. So tried to work the key and set up give and gos but our guards were too out of shape to cut to the hole. Oh well. Next time I think we will have more shots drop and we get a rematch later in the season.

By standard of play I mean like how good are you (the team and the league in general). You sound pretty good. Not massively high-scoring but good enough. I swear by zone defense - we were always told to play man and the younger leagues HAD to play man-on-man, like it was a rule.

How tall are you?

Yeah, we have a fair amount of talent but all real rusty and out of shape so just gonna improve with time. Been 5-10 years for most of us, myself included. I'd say we are well above average but not elite. The league is very competitive so hoping to win half our games and keep the losses close. I think there are 8 teams in the league. I seen the top two play last night (who were in the championship game last year) and they are defo better than us but play more the style of play I like. We were better than the team last night I think but to rusty and out of shape to show it. I think we are middle of the pack for potential and towards the bottom for where we are right now as a team. None of us ever played together before too which is obviously huge--so lots and lots of room for improvement and I think we will.

I'm 6-foot 2 inch. I'm the tallest on our team but most everybody we have is around 6-foot. I hear there is a 6-7 guy on one of the teams tho. Looking forwards to pushing him around under the hoop. I'm kinda a Barkley type player.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a pair of black lizard skin boots on eBay. Reek of cigs but pretty nice. Paid about $70 with shipping... Retail probably $300-400.

• 4 months later...