post pics of ya new sneaks

mattnice

While we are off the subject of trainers I bought a Thigh length cardigan last week and had a tailor put a couple of extra buttons on to make it high fastening. Very cool.

that sounds like a geordie joompah leek! toon for the win!

I've been selling all my nikes recently,vans ftw

I first bought a pair of Vans when I skated in the 80s and they're an okay shoe (I still have some SK8 hi's and some slip ons for the beach) but in my opinion, if the Nikes you'd bought were decent in the first place you'd still like them. You wouldn't be thinking they were passe and following the crowd by moving on to the 'next big thing', if that is indeed what your post was getting at (that's the message I got). Or I dunno, maybe you're an impluse sneaker buyer... in which case fair enough, you probably need to unload a few pairs.

But speaking as someone who works on their feet most of the day, Vans aren't even in the same league as Nike when it comes to comfort and foot support.

impulse sneaker buyer,i used to buy air force ones all the time,and never wear em.

whereas i wear vans all the time,been wearing em since the eighties.

i just got to the stage where i have run out of room for sneakers so im letting go.probably sold about 40 pairs in the last year.

i find vans comfy i wear em everyday and im on my feet,i find if you wear the same shoes all the time they hurt ya feet,thats why i like to wear a different pair everyday.

• 3 months later...
Guest broke
I copped these today

(pic courtesy of DKFT because I couldn't be bothered finding my camera)

sweet pegs broke...

Thanks Haych. I also grabbed the red colourway, which is super sick.

which ones are the OG yours or mine!

These are the 3 colourways that were retro'ed by Nike as the "OG Colourways". I think there were a couple of other original colourways available back in '89. I still don't have the OG teal lights... they're proving impossible to find in a US13.

does anyone know if there's a place (online shop) in the uk where i can get a cheap pair of air max lights? just wondering..

Do you mean an online shop?

I think these are the last pair of trainers I brought.

Never really seen them before but they are so comfy and I LOVE the colourway....

Brought alot of vans recently... Just havent seen any nikes that have really WoWed me recently.

Ever time i go into nike town its awful.. it is so disappointing.

Guest broke
yeah.

found a pair for 99 euro which is quite ok but i'm hoping to find a cheaper place..

Is there any reason it has to be a UK online store? The best two (JD and Size?) don't ship outside the UK. There are a few good European stores like Purchaze, TheGoodWillOut and Sneaker N Stuff, or PickYourShoes in the US. It depends on which colourway you're after. eBay is worth a look as well.

Guest broke
Broke, how many pairs of trainers do you have?

I threw out a lot of my old stuff that had holes in the bottom, things like Puma States and Adidas Gazelles, Superstars, Sambas etc from the 80s... stuff that I was hanging onto for sentimental reasons... so right now probably about 30-35. I do wear them all, I'm not one of those sneaker heads who just buys kicks because they collect them and then sticks them in the closet.

Some stuff I've been meaning to add to this thread for a while now (sorry about the shitty pics):

Air Tailwind 1992 White/ Orange-Purple

Air Classic BW Persian

Air Max 1 Medium Grey/Dark Obsidian

Air Max '93 Classic HOA

The OG Air 180 Ultramarine CW gets released in a few months, I'll be copping those for sure because I missed the last re-issue.

Ah thats a reasonable amount, i was expecting you to have like 100 pairs or something. I totally forgot about the 93's, they're pretty fresh.

The 180's are wicked, i copped a pair for £20 from footlocker when they were reissued last time, They're one of the comfiest pairs of trainers i've ever owned.

Guest broke
Ah thats a reasonable amount, i was expecting you to have like 100 pairs or something.

I'm not sure there are that many decent sneakers out there, including vintage stuff. Even if I found everything I was after, I probably still wouldn't crack the 100 mark.

The 180's are wicked, i copped a pair for £20 from footlocker when they were reissued last time, They're one of the comfiest pairs of trainers i've ever owned.

That's what everyone says re the comfort factor. I hope Nike do a decent re-issue this time around. Wait, did you say 20 quid? :crying: