R.I.P. Jay Dilla

sparkman56

Can anyone confirm this? I've heard this news spreading today, but still haven't read anything on black & white. No one seems to know if its really true. If its true that's really too bad! He's had a large impact on a lot of people. RIP

Edited by Hertzworth

no he aint

heres an extract from an interview with him in this months XXL

XXL: Were you really in a coma?

JD: Nah, man. The rumors were like, Jay Dee is dead and all that, but I was just in the hospital for, like, two months. I was in ICU, with all types of tubes, man. It was crazy.

XXL: What exactly happened?

JD: I went overseas for two weeks and was eatin' all this crazy-ass food. As soon as I got back, I had the flu or something, and I had to check myself into the hospital. Then they (doctors) [found] out I had a ruptured kidney and was malnourished from not eatin' the right kinda food. It was real simple, but it ended with me being in the hospital.

XXL: Damn, that must've cut into production time.

JD: Oh, nah. My boy brought a sound system and some vinyl through, so I was in the hospital making beats.

Naw i'm only joking i dont even know who he is. It's not really something i should be joking about. I'm an awful person. I deserve bum cancer, or something equally as bad..

Naw i'm only joking i dont even know who he is. It's not really something i should be joking about. I'm an awful person. I deserve bum cancer, or something equally as bad..

Don't know who he is?

Have you ever listened to Tribe Called Quest, Slum Village, JayLib, Medaphoar, etc.? That's just just to name a few.

man i was just at a listening party at Earwax last week for jay dee donuts, dilla was supposed to be there. my boy Jazz at the counter was talking to him on the phone, but he couldn't make it, because he was sick again. yet another black man passing in his prime. your music will be sorely missed, but forever remembered, lots of love to JD and his fam and friends