Technics SL-DZ1200 - Anyone used one?

Steve

Steve, pretty much everyone would agree it isn't good. I haven't heard anyone saying they liked it over the numark cdx. I played with the pio, and the numark before, the pio impressed me only becuase i had never really though about how cool it is to scratch you own samples then when i played with the cdx, it was almost exactly like a turntable.

I fucking hate the thing. Used it plenty of times. The emulated scratching sounds watery and fake, the platter is unnatural, and it has these two things sticking out of the platter that make cutting with it extremely difficult if you happen to lay your hand on the wrong part of the "record" thing. I give it two thumbs down and a kick in the crotch. I'd take FS/Serato or a CDX over one of these any day.

id rather spin a laser pen round like a nutter than try to scratch on the dz! i found the platter stupidly loose, the plastic record disk kept flapping off and the platter and tune deosnt really match up. by that i mean when i turned it off (by pressing the play pause button) the sound stopped almost immediately but then the platter spun a half revolution before it stopped and then came back on itself... not good

they had a couple of them set up for people to use at the dmcs, they didnt include any scratch samples tho, just parts of house tracks, so i didnt get a good cut on them, but they felt very weird. I'd like to try a cdx out some time.

i just borrwoed ssl from a mate today. it is fucking incredible! i havnt used this technics (or even the cdx for that matter) but surely it cannot get any better than ssl...

the transition from using vinyl to ssl is pretty much non existent.. except after every track i mixed in i kept taking the timecoded vinyl off. and the odd time of using the wrong shortcut while cueing up tracks to either left/right channel.

feel free to ignore my post, i just couldnt be fucked searching for the serato appreciation thread and i had to get the excitement out.

Yeah, doesnt really feel like a record. Not at all. Its wouldnt be bad for blends. If you had to and it was dirt cheap, I would have one. I mean, I aint kicking it out of bed.

if i was more into mixing i wouldnt mind a pair of these but I dont like how when you scratch it feels like you could make the disk backspin forever withought much effort.

• 2 weeks later...