Boomerangs?

Max

"its a tear with chirps at each end, orbited, except that you start from the middle with open fader and chirp back and then forward... so:

1 (start with open fader) pull back

2 forward chirp (so close fader while goin forward)

3 forward tear

now repeat in mirror fashion

the secret is in the pause between the 2 steps of the tear"

That info and the audio was taken off D-Styles' board. I think it's someone taking the piss again.

The file is off the d-styles board, but they do indeed exist. Gutter grabbed the file from Hentsix who showed him how to do them.

Besides, d-styles does that scratch all the time. How can it be fake?

Yeah so it's a coincidence Hentsix wrote this about 10 days ago on D's board?

for the last fuckin time... its a tear with chirps at each end, orbited, except that you start from the middle with open fader and chirp back and then forward... so:

1 (start with open fader) pull back

2 forward chirp (so close fader while goin forward)

3 forward tear

now repeat in mirror fashion

the secret is in the pause between the 2 steps of the tear

**EDIT**

You edited your post.

The description you posted doesn't match the audio file. This was posted by the guy who did that audio: -

i learned this scratch by simply doing a chirp motion on the record and at the same time do 2-clicks on the fader. after a while you get to the sound you hear in the file.

Also, before you edited your post you said Gutter had done the file.

yeah it was taken off dstyles board and brought here.. whats the problem? max said it was taken from dstyles board.. did we miss something here?

these are not chirpflares.. may sound like a variation but still are not the same.. and i never mentioned to anyone that i made the file..

these are not chirpflares.. may sound like a variation but still are not the same.. and i never mentioned to anyone that i made the file..

I'm just telling you what the guy who actually made the file said. Max said you made the file a minute ago before he edited his post. Ain't no problems.

as soon as i saw the whole boomerang thing blow up across various forums i thought it was a joke to take the piss out of technique nerds. Isn't a chirp motion on the record a baby, and 2 clicks over the top either a one click flare or a chirp, depending on your timiing? The file sounds like a chirp flare variation, a forward back forward chirp into a baby with a click on the back stroke (original flare?) then a pause to start again at the start of the bar (or half or quarter bar if you're doubling or quadrupling the timing).

I don't know whether or not this is a joke technique that doesn't exist to get geeks to try and 'get this shit down' or whether it's actually been coined... but surely it's just a combo? Can I give a combo a name to get some notoriety?

The way I see it, there are transforms, where you click rhythmically regardless of what you're doing with the record movement, chirps, where you don't hear the back swipe because of clicks, and flares, where you do hear the direction change as well as clicks. Faderless wise, tear baby tear respectively- substitutiing a click for stopping the record.

I'm probably wrong, but this is how I see it. The combo I'm practicing I think is a chirp flare but I'm not sure, I haven't got anyone to show me the textbook version (should have asked d-styles probably!) but I keep refining it and it's coming out nice and interesting and sounding more like a more consistent flow like those dudes on the videos :p I kinda like how I don't exactly know the technical name though, I'm making my own style a little bit more because of it. And the reason I'm doing it is because it's really helping me go from a syncronous to an asyncronous hand movement without pause, so I can do more 2 click flare orbit to 4chirp to 2fwd-1bk flare to 3chirp to 3click flare to double 6 chirp. btw that's the deciscratch ;)

/end ramble!

c

Dude I made that up. What, are you biting my style now?

:d just playin obviously. I don't really give a damn about all these named combos but I do like them just cuz it kinda gives me a little drill thing to work on. It's fun to just work on stuff like that for a while to me because once I can do a scratch I've heard it inspires me to work harder..It's used for motivational purposes lol.